FAC..application

2 hours ago, Alsone said:

There's a list of forces on the BASC website that won't proceed an application without a report:

https://basc.org.uk/med/

It's all very well typing up a list but there isn't any detail of how they intend to challenge what is going on.  All they ever say is stuff like we are in consultation.( it seems like their idea of consultation is to have a genial chat over a cup of tea for half an hour) every 6 months or so)  ( if this isn't the case they ain't putting out any detail ).  How difficult is that to do in this computer age?)  So if these forces are in breach of government guidelines why isn't the " supposed " leading voice  speaking to someone in government at a higher level to have a word in the ears of these chief plod who are basically  (not breaking the law,  but not  working to the spirit of the law) ?  All the time that we sheep take it, plod will keep pressing for more so that we pay through the nose.  AND if they are in consultation why isn't it transparent as to who what and when.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Meece said:

It's all very well typing up a list but there isn't any detail of how they intend to challenge what is going on.  All they ever say is stuff like we are in consultation.( it seems like their idea of consultation is to have a genial chat over a cup of tea for half an hour) every 6 months or so)  ( if this isn't the case they ain't putting out any detail ).  How difficult is that to do in this computer age?)  So if these forces are in breach of government guidelines why isn't the " supposed " leading voice  speaking to someone in government at a higher level to have a word in the ears of these chief plod who are basically  (not breaking the law,  but not  working to the spirit of the law) ?  All the time that we sheep take it, plod will keep pressing for more so that we pay through the nose.  AND if they are in consultation why isn't it transparent as to who what and when.?

The thing about guidelines is that they are nothing more than a point of reference, they aren’t legally binding.  
Therefore, this is what we’re getting?.......

I've recently renewed and my feo was a bit over zealous. Had to get a signed docs letter. The police form (in Kent) asks for a docs report and my docs receptionist said it would be £50 for a report rather than £25 for a letter. I managed to convince them that it was only a letter that was needed and they accepted that in the end. I mentioned to the firearms dept that it would help us all out if the form was chaged to a tick box format wich would be only £25. I won't hold my breath.

Then she insisted that my permissions were to be signed now and that many were "out of date" even though one of em was only signed last year and my ticket is open. I never knew they had a term life if not established on the perm form.

Thing is, no matter how right you are, you don't want to piss em off do ya.

1 hour ago, toxo said:

I've recently renewed and my feo was a bit over zealous. Had to get a signed docs letter. The police form (in Kent) asks for a docs report and my docs receptionist said it would be £50 for a report rather than £25 for a letter. I managed to convince them that it was only a letter that was needed and they accepted that in the end. I mentioned to the firearms dept that it would help us all out if the form was chaged to a tick box format wich would be only £25. I won't hold my breath.

Then she insisted that my permissions were to be signed now and that many were "out of date" even though one of em was only signed last year and my ticket is open. I never knew they had a term life if not established on the perm form.

Thing is, no matter how right you are, you don't want to piss em off do ya.

this is why basic should be doing a lot more. and if they can't then they should be taking all this crap to a much higher level.  I know that the plod has the whip hand but should we live in fear of them without them being held accountable.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, Meece said:

I'm not a spokesman for the BASC nor do I work for them so cannot comment on what consultation's they're having. 

In my opinion, the only way forward is dialogue with the forces and if that fails dialogue with the Government. The alternative is expensive legal challenges that may or may not succeed, so could actually make the situation worse.

15 hours ago, Dervburner said:

The thing about guidelines is that they are nothing more than a point of reference, they aren’t legally binding.  
Therefore, this is what we’re getting?.......

I agree and I've said for a long while, the Guidelines need to be Statutory and Binding with penalties for breaching them, not guidance. Whist ever they are guidance, the situation will remain where a force can do whatever it likes without penalty. You cannot have a system where every force in the Country does it's own procedure or makes up it's own rules.

• Like 1