FAC..application

Hi I'm currently a holder of sgc (3 years). and I'm thinking of applying for my fac .. I have alot of permission for shooting crows,pigeons ducks phesants etc . I help out quite often on a shooting estate .  Do you think I will have any problems applying for a fac.. I'm looking to have a 243. For  Fox .  Roe Deer ...and a smaller one for rabbits and stuff..

Edited by bobajob

18 minutes ago, bobajob said:

Hi I'm currently a holder of sgc (3 years). and I'm thinking of applying for my fac .. I have alot of permission for shooting crows,pigeons ducks phesants etc . I help out quite often on a shooting estate .  Do you think I will have any problems applying for a fac.. I'm looking to have a 243. For  Fox .  Roe Deer ...and a smaller one for rabbits and stuff..

Has the landowner said he'll give you permission to use rifle & take vermin & deer? Where in the world are you based?

Just remember Police Scotland will want a medical form from your doctor to say your not osama bin liner so find out what your doctor charge,s and if he will do it as some wont .

If so BASC has a scheme where a doctor that will ,reviews your medical history and speaks to you direct and he charges £50 an expense and issue to be aware of in these troubled times atb and good luck

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Just remember Police Scotland will want a medical form from your doctor to say your not osama bin liner so find out what your doctor charge,s and if he will do it as some wont .

If so BASC has a scheme where a doctor that will ,reviews your medical history and speaks to you direct and he charges £50 an expense and issue to be aware of in these troubled times atb and good luck

When did this come in? My renewal was 2017 and all I did was give them permission to view my medical records! Or is a grant and renewal two completely different things now?

I had heard some forces in England were doing it but never heard nothing about them doing it up here.

3 hours ago, bobajob said:

It's upto them to prove your not fit to hold a firearm, if you have good reason and permission, and not been a really naughy boy, then you shouldn't have a problem.

• Like 1

They tried it on with me in 2017. I ignored it and told my gp to.

Went through just the same.

As far as I know there is no basis in law for you to provide from your doctor a covering letter. They seem to be mitigating any responsibility by shifting it onto the applicant and their doctor.

Again, I know of no legal justification.

They have access to medical records but can't or won't bother so when a nutter goes nuts they know they will be asked who checked them out? And no one will of! So they are trying to get around their responsibility. It has nothing to do with public safety!

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 2

If you pop over to S/d and have a search Gav many unfortunates have fell "victim" to this totally going against Home office guidelines and feo,s are insisting on it total lottery due to where you live .And thats why i put the bit about BASC and their doctor scheme ,as some unscrupelous docs are asking 200 pound for this ,others arent being asked ,i wasnt but some say no letter no renewal .

Its a u turn on what the BMA agreed with BASC and the home office when they put the licence fee up for a ten year licence which magically never happened 

What's the latest on this fiasco.  Plod is trying it on again and makjng it up as they go along.  Again basic are spouting  off about how great they are by organising some random doctor to sign a ticket.  Ok the doctor can view your medical record but if he's never spoken to you how does he have an opinion about how anyone might react in a stress situation.  If you've  only been to your doctor....  or a random practise doctor about the flue or a twisted ankle ??  basic put this out there as a service but it's like when they cashed in on dsc certs.  Ripped off by the shooting org again! ,!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

When I was in process of my sgc  I went to the doctor with the form and it cost me £100 for it to be signed and emailed back to the firearms department .. there was no mention of any medical history when I got my visit... 

Edited by bobajob

Yep BASC caused this can of worms and allegedly this Doc is allowed to review you and plod accepts it .But Basc aren't challenging any of this farce 

So plods won and 200k a year gp is laughing all the way to your cashpoint 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Yep BASC caused this can of worms and allegedly this Doc is allowed to review you and plod accepts it .But Basc aren't challenging any of this farce 

So plods won and 200k a year gp is laughing all the way to your cashpoint 

This exactly the same situatioñ as the dsc classifications.  Basic never challenged any of this. They did the reverse and set up a sort of trainings thing. They said it was a good idea.  Well they would wouldn't they, seeing as they were making a cut out of it.  All of this is so sickening and we must follow along meekly following the Judas sheep. We do t help ourselves because a lot of people say its only a few pence a week.  No one says that if plod wants this information then they should pay for it. Plod would soon forget about this if the goverment said that the cost must be borne by the existing cert fee. Again there not going to do that when muggings is only to glad to offer to pay. Rant over.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2
11 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

If you pop over to S/d and have a search Gav many unfortunates have fell "victim" to this totally going against Home office guidelines and feo,s are insisting on it total lottery due to where you live .And thats why i put the bit about BASC and their doctor scheme ,as some unscrupelous docs are asking 200 pound for this ,others arent being asked ,i wasnt but some say no letter no renewal .

Its a u turn on what the BMA agreed with BASC and the home office when they put the licence fee up for a ten year licence which magically never happened 

I only ever heard about forces doing it in England, just when you quoted Police Scotland (now a nationwide force), I thought you'd heard something I hadn't.