Old photo

On 04/02/2020 at 09:22, Elchapo said:

Yea it’s first one I seen with door on side there another one I like with a basic waggon ,I can imagine life was hard back then in them waggon , people think of it as a romantic free easy living life style but taking a bath back in them days in winter wouldn’t be fun I can imagine 

F5BCA90B-05A7-4CAF-976E-D5F4B3707235.jpeg

Bath lol ,in winter the adults and kids had strip wash and in nice weather we would heat water on the yog "fire " and have bath in a old cast bath tub .winter hard time on the drom ."road"

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cousins grandfather 

Good ole pic I come across from a travelling man racing he’s dog 

Look like the old deerhound cross types  again not my family but another travelling family 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Bath lol ,in winter the adults and kids had strip wash and in nice weather we would heat water on the yog "fire " and have bath in a old cast bath tub .winter hard time on the drom ."road"

How long did you travel by waggon for moocher , it’s something I’ve wanted to do but I’ll admit it would be a summer thing for couple weeks top lol was thinking of getting one them day camper vans and having couple week on road , all tho my mate makes wagons and drays and he said use one his drays loaded up with a tent and stove but I wouldn’t as I’m not a travler and wouldn’t pretend to be 

14 minutes ago, Elchapo said:

How long did you travel by waggon for moocher , it’s something I’ve wanted to do but I’ll admit it would be a summer thing for couple weeks top lol was thinking of getting one them day camper vans and having couple week on road , all tho my mate makes wagons and drays and he said use one his drays loaded up with a tent and stove but I wouldn’t as I’m not a travler and wouldn’t pretend to be 

I was born in 71 in a open lot then lived in one until age 10/11 then my folks got trailers ,but wagon life much better and folk wanted us to stay but not the trailers ,I thinking about getting another bow top and going back on rd now kids left home ,does your mate sell drays,wagons ? Thinking about getting a dray and making my own top ,my uncul still lives in wagon but on a yard in Lincs .let me know if he as any drays  for sale ok .

pm me if u like 

atb 

mooch

dont Have to be s traveler to want better life ,lets face it wagon life is the best way to live off grid and u just move to were ever you would like to go ,plod along with jooks on foot board and scan the fields as u go for something for the pot and send the jook to get it .my grandad didn't leave the wagon just sent the dog and wait for it to drop a hare ,rabbit at his feet .

Edited by Moocher71
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I was born in 71 in a open lot then lived in one until age 10/11 then my folks got trailers ,but wagon life much better and folk wanted us to stay but not the trailers ,I thinking about getting another bow top and going back on rd now kids left home ,does your mate sell drays,wagons ? Thinking about getting a dray and making my own top ,my uncul still lives in wagon but on a yard in Lincs .let me know if he as any drays  for sale ok .

pm me if u like 

atb 

mooch

dont Have to be s traveler to want better life ,lets face it wagon life is the best way to live off grid and u just move to were ever you would like to go ,plod along with jooks on foot board and scan the fields as u go for something for the pot and send the jook to get it .my grandad didn't leave the wagon just sent the dog and wait for it to drop a hare ,rabbit at his feet .

Yea he buys old ones renovates them then sells them on he’s made acouple from scratch but he prefers renovating them as buy tile he’s made one from scratch and sold it he doesn’t make to much off them as there labour intensive where as buying ones that need renovating he can get them in get them sorted and back out for sale in a fraction of the time , he’s made a kite waggon a while back and it was a proper work of art but took a long time to do and didn’t sell for what he expected due to a lot people coming of the roads and getting caravans , there are drays and bow tops for sale on dragon driving from 1000 (dray) to 2/300 for a bow top . Obviously they aren’t decorated as detailed as the wagons you see at fairs they normaly just green red or red yellow , he lives round corner from me so I’ll nip him see him see what he got on and pm you , he had a nice lift off bowtop there which was ideal for someone who wanted a dray but what could be used for living couple months of the year , 

1 hour ago, Elchapo said:

Yea he buys old ones renovates them then sells them on he’s made acouple from scratch but he prefers renovating them as buy tile he’s made one from scratch and sold it he doesn’t make to much off them as there labour intensive where as buying ones that need renovating he can get them in get them sorted and back out for sale in a fraction of the time , he’s made a kite waggon a while back and it was a proper work of art but took a long time to do and didn’t sell for what he expected due to a lot people coming of the roads and getting caravans , there are drays and bow tops for sale on dragon driving from 1000 (dray) to 2/300 for a bow top . Obviously they aren’t decorated as detailed as the wagons you see at fairs they normaly just green red or red yellow , he lives round corner from me so I’ll nip him see him see what he got on and pm you , he had a nice lift off bowtop there which was ideal for someone who wanted a dray but what could be used for living couple months of the year , 

I had a look on dragon driving few times ,I'm going to look at a square open lot when I go see my dad next time ,the lift of tops are ok if you going out calling ,just lift it off and load up and once home unload ,top back on ready for bed ,

yes defo keep me in mind if your mate gets anything ,I do bit of work just not a basket case as long as price ok ,

are you in Cumbria by any chance ?

20 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I had a look on dragon driving few times ,I'm going to look at a square open lot when I go see my dad next time ,the lift of tops are ok if you going out calling ,just lift it off and load up and once home unload ,top back on ready for bed ,

yes defo keep me in mind if your mate gets anything ,I do bit of work just not a basket case as long as price ok ,

are you in Cumbria by any chance ?

Tried pm you 

The dog is undernourished TonyT? You can tell that from 1 photograph, 1 moment in time dependant on how the dog is standing, breathing and the light. Without seeing it and placing hands on it or seeing it run? Showing lot of rib in the photograph but maybe a bit rashly judgmental based a 1 photograph. Anyway, it's dead now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

The dog is undernourished TonyT? You can tell that from 1 photograph, 1 moment in time dependant on how the dog is standing, breathing and the light. Without seeing it and placing hands on it or seeing it run? Showing lot of rib in the photograph but maybe a bit rashly judgmental based a 1 photograph. Anyway, it's dead now.

No offence intended.

different times , different snap.

the muscle in the dogs loins show the fitness , without a doubt.

still underweight in my opinion

T

10 minutes ago, TonyT said:

No offence intended.

different times , different snap.

the muscle in the dogs loins show the fitness , without a doubt.

still underweight in my opinion

T

No offence taken by me. I have no association or knowledge of the dog or who owned it.

Just an interesting photograph to me. Of a different world but not that long ago. I appreciate people who share such things.

I commented on your comment to the photograph and you have responded with  a civilised gentlemanly  response.

Cheers.

• Like 1
On 06/02/2020 at 12:38, Moocher71 said:

pm me if u like 

atb 

mooch

Not as easy or romantic as that these days though mate never lived in one my self but I could imagine the king of the road cob/horse is no longer welcome in today’s fast moving life style or resting spots for the night would be a nightmare to pull on to I think a far more modern way could be a stealth camper that looks just like a van but kitted out for your own an style in side I’ve seen some pretty smart stealth campers that look normal on the outside but inside have a cool rustic look to them this is something I fancy doing one day when me kids have all left home getting on the road for a bit if I was single I wouldn’t live in a house that’s for sure 

• Like 1