• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A cousins grandfather 

Good ole pic I come across from a travelling man racing he’s dog 

Look like the old deerhound cross types  again not my family but another travelling family 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, poxon said:

Not as easy or romantic as that these days though mate never lived in one my self but I could imagine the king of the road cob/horse is no longer welcome in today’s fast moving life style or resting spots for the night would be a nightmare to pull on to I think a far more modern way could be a stealth camper that looks just like a van but kitted out for your own an style in side I’ve seen some pretty smart stealth campers that look normal on the outside but inside have a cool rustic look to them this is something I fancy doing one day when me kids have all left home getting on the road for a bit if I was single I wouldn’t live in a house that’s for sure 

Yes maybe you right ,still b nice few weeks away i spring ,summer be good 

• Like 1
On 07/02/2020 at 19:14, eastcoast said:

The dog is undernourished TonyT? You can tell that from 1 photograph, 1 moment in time dependant on how the dog is standing, breathing and the light. Without seeing it and placing hands on it or seeing it run? Showing lot of rib in the photograph but maybe a bit rashly judgmental based a 1 photograph. Anyway, it's dead now.

Edited by Moocher71
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, samuria said:

yes it's a good book, lots of photos and tales of how the farm hands lived.

one family with 6 kids all under 7yrs old, in what looks like a tin shed. this was 1948.

My dad one of eleven kids and all living in wagon ,when kids got older they slept in bender tents .

hard ol life ,but good one 

1 hour ago, eastcoast said:

People in the recently posted photographs certainly had unique style. There is young chap who appears on Bargain Hunt, one of the antique experts, who seems to have modelled himself on Abaraham Stanely. Thank you for sharing them. 

Paul Martin

Cheers, D.