The BBC and the licence fee.

10 hours ago, byron said:

Do I need a TV licence?: 20+ TV licence fee tips - Money Saving Expert

got letter other day to expect hit squad round..should i pay??

I get the nice and nasty alternating letters to pay up, that's as far as it goes, one of their gimps come round years ago, but never happened again

Gone up another £3 a year today, not fortunes I know but the whole thing is a piss take. If I don’t want to watch sky/Netflix/amazon etc then I don’t pay for it but bloody biased broadcasting corporation throw people in prison for not paying the license fee, in the modern day it is frankly absurd that the license fee is mandatory. BBC should have to stand on its own two feet and if it can’t then it dies, simple. The very least it should do is be an unbiased national broadcaster which it patiently fails to do.   

• Like 1
On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 17:44, peterhunter86 said:

What happens when you refuse to pay them pal, over here they lock you up, when my Mrs was living at home in her parents house and she opened her mother's front door to the licence man, he took her details and never heard anything about it, then we we're living together in our own house an plod showed up at the door and took her to Mount joy prison she was just processed and let back out, but now she has a record that she was in prison, I know a few people that had to do from a few weeks to a couple of months over not paying it. 

That's a f##king disgrace, scumbags

• Like 1

My renewal came last year and I filled in a  declaration to say I don’t need a license any more as I don’t watch live TV , and I don’t . I watch YouTube and Netflix. I think that the way the mainstream media and the BBC behaved during the election was incredible!!! We are being played for mugs by the elite left wing largely urban upper/ middle class . They think we are # Thick , we aren’t able to choose the direction our country should take . The establishment has shut down Tommy Robinson on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. The likes of Nish  Kumasi and his horrible history nonsense where he deliberately bashed Britain and our proud history was unbelievable.  We need to “wake up “ , don’t pay these tossers a penny . I don’t want them , I don’t need them , they are irrelevant.

• Like 3
On 03/02/2020 at 07:55, byron said:

Do I need a TV licence?: 20+ TV licence fee tips - Money Saving Expert

got letter other day to expect hit squad round..should i pay??

Hell no. I got one of those letters so I phoned them up and asked why they were harrassing me. I said they could send whoever they wanted but it would be a wasted journey as I wouldn't be letting them in or speaking to them. They then sent me a certificate saying I didn't need a licence, valid for 2 years, renewable at the end of the term. 

35 minutes ago, walshie said:

Hell no. I got one of those letters so I phoned them up and asked why they were harrassing me. I said they could send whoever they wanted but it would be a wasted journey as I wouldn't be letting them in or speaking to them. They then sent me a certificate saying I didn't need a licence, valid for 2 years, renewable at the end of the term. 

I've had hundreds of letters from TV Licensing telling me l don't have a licence. Once in a while they say l am on the hit list  and can expect a visit from an Enforcement Officer. Apparently l have been under investigation many times but they still don't seem to know my name. I've never had a visit in twenty years. I've also not had a TV for twenty years! 

I do feel a bit guilty about the environmental impact of the amount of paper they are wasting but as they have no right of entry or right to personal details ,l ignore them. 

Years ago when Television was in infancy  it was obvious that it needed funding if it was to provide a service but as commercial channels appeared it was also obvious that TV stations were more than capable of operating independently. 

In fact , when One sees the amount of subtle product placement that the BBC is involved in and the number of programmes they sell around the world it it obvious that they have already become a commercial station .  They just don't like admitting it. What they pay some of their "Stars" is possibly obcene considering they are using public money when they could easily get funding from legitimate advertising.

Edited by comanche
  • Like 2