The BBC and the licence fee.

The bias of the BBC has become really evident during the Brexit debate.  The whole of societies thought  pattern has been distorted.   please give  your opinion on the BBC.  Do you believe that it is politically unbiased?   Do you think that its so called 'stars / talent' should be paid millions, yet, the BBC do not want to give the over 75's a free tv licence, ie. not paid by HM Government?  Do you agree with the method of collecting / enforcing the licence fee ? (via Tv licencing, aka Capita Business Services).   Do you think that the BBC is basically, past its best / out of date?  Let's just hope that Boris really does cancel the licence fee for the BBC......then we'll see if they can survive on subscription......which, in reality means, will all those Eastenders and Strictly fans actually pay for more of the same garbage?  Andrew Marr stirred up a hornet's nest over his interview with Bojo a few weeks ago, when he asked a question and as soon as Boris started to give an answer, AM was asking another question and generally talking down to the Prime Minister. You could almost hear Boris thinking "I'll get you for that".   Interesting times ahead.   Btw...happy Brexit

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

cancelled sky tv when my lady passed, company for her, I was paying around £40 a month, only last week sky rang me, offered me the same package of what I could afford, no thank you a load of crap , as for a tv licence I phoned them , told em my age, cancelled my direct debit, not heard nowt since

6 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

cancelled sky tv when my lady passed, company for her, I was paying around £40 a month, only last week sky rang me, offered me the same package of what I could afford, no thank you a load of crap , as for a tv licence I phoned them , told em my age, cancelled my direct debit, not heard nowt since

$14 a month for Netflix. YouTube and Vimeo for free streamed through the telly. There's some incredible stuff on Vimeo if you're willing to dig for it.

Years ago my mother had to go into hospital  and there was just my brother and myself at home, (Father was working away from home then). There were 3 newspapers delivered. Neither myself or my brother read these papers because we were either working, chasing girls or doing something.  A bill for the papers was delivered and we took the discision to bin the lot. Did we mis them. Naah.  And that was back before internet ect.  Everything is on internet 24/7. I'm sure that it is a natural progression for the BBC to be allowed to wither away.

A good site to be free of the fee here

I've had them round a few times, each time I politely say "no thanks" and shut the door, no contact no contract!

If they feel threatened they can be ask for police backup, the police are only there to prevent a breach of the peace, they don't have a right of access, as long as your polite they can't do anything, the onus is on them to prove your breaking the law, so never admit anything.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Stopped paying it, but more importantly I refuse to watch anything that is in there channels or in the web made by em, fcuk em, I don’t care about there biased ness tbh as most big company’s are same but them slimy cnuts fed watered an harboured nonces an that’s the lowest of the low in my eyes, while fcuking place from kitchens to the prop stores needs set alight ? an they will never have another minute or penny off me or mine ?

What happens when you refuse to pay them pal, over here they lock you up, when my Mrs was living at home in her parents house and she opened her mother's front door to the licence man, he took her details and never heard anything about it, then we we're living together in our own house an plod showed up at the door and took her to Mount joy prison she was just processed and let back out, but now she has a record that she was in prison, I know a few people that had to do from a few weeks to a couple of months over not paying it. 

19 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Just go online an register that you dint watch them. Don’t need em an aint fcukkng want em? I’m sure somebody already posted link on here, they tried the big talk with wife about they’d be watching us to see if we watched bbc or live tv or some shit but never heard nowt since saville vile an I refused ?  Fcuk em right off mate, I’d gladly do time if I had to to make me point haha I ain’t paying somebody I don’t want to?

I'm not to clued up on it, I think over here it's once you have a telly you have to pay it, and I know they tried to bring it in for every household with or without a TV or if you had a laptop ipad etc, theirs cnuts walking out of court after committing horrible crimes while putting ordinary Joe's in prison because they can't afford a licence 

• Like 2