A couple of moded Victor Boxes

Bought some Victors a while back but never got round to modding them. Had a rat chewing up insulation in the garage this week so it gave me the incentive to get them done.

Fitted a kill bar and a perspex spring spacer to the traps. Fixed them in a box with a couple of screws so they can pivot out to set them. Just set them so will see how i get on.

Griff

P1100133.JPG

P1100134.JPG

P1100135.JPG

P1100137.JPG

• Like 12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Mice in the shed again so I dug out the modded victor boxes. Caught two at the same time on the first setting.

I can't quite work out how they are both lying on their backs....can only think they were on their way back out when it cracked them. Their heads are folded at 90 degrees to their bodies.P1110584.JPG.c9c613a040c7cc117ee70a34eb6fba43.JPGP1110583.JPG.7eff55883a871fe371cd7ae58b56d126.JPG

• Like 4
On 09/03/2020 at 22:42, Outofnowhere said:

What do you make the kill bars from please bud?

Sorry bud, a bit late to reply but just saw your question.

Kill bars made from heavy wire & bent in a vice with two 90 degree bends. Think i cut those ones out of an old oven rack. Drill a couple of holes in the victor & tap them in with a drop of epoxy or super glue.

• Like 4

Them rat traps nearly cut mice in half at the best of times. 

Don't mean to sound daft, but the perspex spacer is increasing the spring power?  Will this put more stress on the already fragile hinges where the sprung loaded kill bar pivots from?  just a thought ?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, leegreen said:

Them rat traps nearly cut mice in half at the best of times. 

Don't mean to sound daft, but the perspex spacer is increasing the spring power?  Will this put more stress on the already fragile hinges where the sprung loaded kill bar pivots from?  just a thought ?

Yes increases the power a bit but also the spacer between keeps the springs from sliding along and keeps them working at their full potential. Not had them self destruct yet and used them off & on over the past couple of years.

• Like 1