Jump to content

Foxing lurchers


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mates two dogs catch foxes for fun, retrieved dead to hand 🤣 that brindle dog is what I’d call a proper fox dog, the red dog is good aswell , suprisingly fast , if I was still into lamping fox 🦊 th

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

Bedlington grey my mate had, don’t see many like him now, serious foxing dog pre ban, atb At 

Posted Images

Just now, Daniel cain said:

You not got a little terrier for such occasions Pete? 

No pal not into terriers, nobody digs the setts around here to hard to access them the ditches are all over grown, the only reason that was exposed is because a machine was moving hedging last summer, that place is been built on, 

Link to post
Just now, peterhunter86 said:

No pal not into terriers, nobody digs the setts around here to hard to access them the ditches are all over grown, the only reason that was exposed is because a machine was moving hedging last summer, that place is been built on, 

Make the effort.... Tucked away, no f****r will know😁lurchers be keen as, if they watch you dig one out, get that prize at the end😉👍 

  • Like 3
Link to post
6 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Make the effort.... Tucked away, no f****r will know😁lurchers be keen as, if they watch you dig one out, get that prize at the end😉👍 

I don’t have the space pal, my back yard is the same size as my kitchen and I already have 3 dogs, maybe in the future if I move house

Link to post
28 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

Put one to ground today, pity it would of been their first, just missed it

IMG_20200204_163342.jpg

IMG_20200204_163339.jpg

Makes me tingle when I see a lurcher marking one to ground and I've got the terrier ready to drop in 👍

  • Like 6
Link to post
34 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

They are still out there.... Be it with a drop of other blood to keep the fire burning.... Or source a proper wheaton? 

When I was a admin of the working bedlington group out of about 3000 people there was only one or two blokes on there I recon that were genuine an good guys with decent bedlingtons the rest were hole sniffers or photo models or just breeders for money the guys that outcrossed there bedlingtons to other blood wasn’t taken To seriously by the purest as they broke there little code of pure ness of kc so wasn’t classed as a bedlingtons .Ironically out of 3 work bred bedlingtons we had on our team over the years only one was half decent that was a out cross the pures didn’t last long There owner gave them away they were shit tbh .work bred pure is getting thinner due being over priced an bred just for kc reg an that’s all there breeding to old heros in the lines there f***ing there own favoured breed up there selfs an doing a good job at it!By breeding to old hero’s in the line rather than dogs that can do the job In present time Crazy world that bedlington game! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
1 hour ago, moonlighter said:

It’s such a shame the bedlingtons arnt like what they used to be, not sure why really. I’ve got a beddy/whippet but I’ve never really had one before so I’ve nothing to compare it too. I’ve never seen a pure beddy work either, although I would love too. Maybe they just fell out of flavour to the black terriers, so less people bred/worked them. 

Greed/££££ names an kc it’s ironic you can pay £500-800 for a kc beddy with all the names under the sun in its breeding and have a slim chance of any thing good coming of it then you can buy a outcross bedlington from 200-350£ out of 2working dogs an turn up a half decent workers but the breeders of bedlingtons can’t get the same results from pure breeding after years of breeding pure bred to pure bred it’s definitely a shame mate tbh as I like bedlington type Lurchers I can always remember our old team of bedlington lurcher foxers before the ban having real fire in them Not like what’s about these days or what I own in comparison to them 

  • Like 1
Link to post

The best non bull x or Wheaton x I seen on foxes was a beddy grey deerhound grey a dog called star he hated them with a passion and knew how to run and dispatch them he made it look easy he threw to the bedlington but a very good dog with a lot of heart 

  • Like 1
Link to post
9 hours ago, moonlighter said:

It’s such a shame the bedlingtons arnt like what they used to be, not sure why really. I’ve got a beddy/whippet but I’ve never really had one before so I’ve nothing to compare it too. I’ve never seen a pure beddy work either, although I would love too. Maybe they just fell out of flavour to the black terriers, so less people bred/worked them. 

Yep they started to breed for show and ££££ and that's the ruin of many good working breeds ,

my bedy grey still got anufe fire to find and deal with gingers ,but with the ban and the antis wanting all field sports gone it's hard to work a lurcher ,terrier for what it's bred for today as eyes are always about .

happy mooching 

  • Like 2
Link to post
8 hours ago, poxon said:

Greed/££££ names an kc it’s ironic you can pay £500-800 for a kc beddy with all the names under the sun in its breeding and have a slim chance of any thing good coming of it then you can buy a outcross bedlington from 200-350£ out of 2working dogs an turn up a half decent workers but the breeders of bedlingtons can’t get the same results from pure breeding after years of breeding pure bred to pure bred it’s definitely a shame mate tbh as I like bedlington type Lurchers I can always remember our old team of bedlington lurcher foxers before the ban having real fire in them Not like what’s about these days or what I own in comparison to them 

Put the best working bedlington dogs over good bitches and you soon get s line but they must work not just play 

  • Like 2
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

I love them marking ! I went for a wander Monday afternoon forgot the gps lost her for a hour found her like this ! 

C762F90A-E091-4468-A97B-EA6567F888C2.jpeg

What gps you using mate ,I'm looking to get one for my young bitch as once she's behind something she can go few fields and always best to b safe .

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...