Foxing lurchers

13 minutes ago, jake824 said:

I’m not knocking em or writing em off just been down that route . Done half x to half x as well bird , I ve kept and worked lurchers for a long time just always fancied breeding some genuine 3/4 breds 

34 breds the lad either right good or fairly crap imo some on um can be big stiff idiots 

Other people seem to have goodens tho so feck knows ?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

-

Collie bull greyhound, very honest dog. Knows he's job very well, knows the sweet spot every time. Lamping him 3 night a week when the moon is right. If I had the time he would lamped 5 nights.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, jake824 said:

I’m not knocking em or writing em off just been down that route . Done half x to half x as well bird , I ve kept and worked lurchers for a long time just always fancied breeding some genuine 3/4 breds 

Best x in my eyes if they throw right there's not as many genuine half xs about now obviously for certain reasons years ago they were every where but now there's very few 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

34 breds the lad either right good or fairly crap imo some on um can be big stiff idiots 

Other people seem to have goodens tho so feck knows ?

I've had 3/4 Deerhound/Greyhounds  3/4 Bedlington/Greyhounds  3/4 Bull/Greyhounds and not one of them grafted better than the 1/2 x stuff they where bred from. I've also owned/seen some decent 5/8x.There are good 3/4 cross kicking about but I've never had any luck with them. In a Foxing dog imho you seem to sacrifice a lot for the little bit extra speed you get with a 3/4 bred as well as being  more injury prone .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 4
1 minute ago, MickC said:

I've had 3/4 Deerhound/Greyhounds  3/4 Bedlington/Greyhounds  3/4 Bull/Greyhounds and not one of them grafted better than the 1/2 x stuff they where bred from. I've also owned/seen some decent 5/8x.There are good 3/4 cross kicking about but I've never had any luck with them. In a Foxing dog imho you seem to sacrifice a lot for the little bit extra speed you get with a 3/4 bred  .

Right I'm with ya 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, MickC said:

I've had 3/4 Deerhound/Greyhounds  3/4 Bedlington/Greyhounds  3/4 Bull/Greyhounds and not one of them grafted better than the 1/2 x stuff they where bred from. I've also owned/seen some decent 5/8x.There are good 3/4 cross kicking about but I've never had any luck with them. In a Foxing dog imho you seem to sacrifice a lot for the little bit extra speed you get with a 3/4 bred as well as being  more injury prone .

Good honest reply mate. That’s what I’m cautious of. If I could find a proper grafting. 3/4 bred I d breed the 5/8 litter but to be honest ringing lads all over there’s not one been mentioned doing what I would expect it to do. 

I have a strong built 3/4 grey 1/4 bull that is almost 3. Although I would rather wait a few more years down the line to put him to a bitch, im not sure if he will last that long, only because he is full on do or die and have had a couple of close calls recently with him. Just throwing it out there if that's of any interest as have all the breeding in my records going way back. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

I have a strong built 3/4 grey 1/4 bull that is almost 3. Although I would rather wait a few more years down the line to put him to a bitch, im not sure if he will last that long, only because he is full on do or die and have had a couple of close calls recently with him. Just throwing it out there if that's of any interest as have all the breeding in my records going way back. 

Good offer

1 hour ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Kind offer mate I will certainly consider it thanks 

3 hours ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Do not hesitate mate I've done that once there gone there gone had a few good dogs I never bred from and when I thought I'd better get a litter it was too late they had been killed or that badly injured it was a pts job if he's doing what you want and your happy with him get a pip off him ?

• Like 3
  • 10 months later...