Foxing lurchers

2 hours ago, pengelli said:

Seen a few dogs that try to fight with their fox as opposed to killing it if you know what I mean that's when they take a lot of unessecary damage

There's dogs that are fox dogs and those that can take a fox big difference  penda show me a dog that can work 5/7 night's a week  week in week out doing it Single because I haven't seen one for years 

• Like 2

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

-

Collie bull greyhound, very honest dog. Knows he's job very well, knows the sweet spot every time. Lamping him 3 night a week when the moon is right. If I had the time he would lamped 5 nights.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Blackmag said:

There's dogs that are fox dogs and those that can take a fox big difference  penda show me a dog that can work 5/7 night's a week  week in week out doing it Single because I haven't seen one for years 

I'm be honest mate I haven't seen 1 myself for years I can show yah dogs that will take fox on a regular basis may be not that many times a week but they have there fair share I had a bitch a few years back but sadly she met her end at a young age and I'm not gonna lie she was a natural foxing dog killed her 1st 1 single handed at just shy of 12 month now to some this ain't no biggy but the way killed and she self entered by the way but to me the way she took it and killed it left me decided about that 23 tts bit of bull in there Wheaton and collie she was a great alround type to me dead before 2 but she killed a few foxes before she went if I could find another bitch like this is be made up and that's no word of a lie 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, whitefeet4190 said:

It's Sally's daughter with the litter but they have stopped breeding as such just having the odd litter from time to time 

im surprised daves granddaughter didn't take on the kennels ,who do you go to for a first x now ? Not many folk breeding genuine first x no matter what folk say .

same with bedy grey ,just karnt find them 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

im surprised daves granddaughter didn't take on the kennels ,who do you go to for a first x now ? Not many folk breeding genuine first x no matter what folk say .

same with bedy grey ,just karnt find them 

Beddy greyhounds when I was growing up were 10 a penny and they all just seemed to be natural fox killers or a lot of them were just lurcher to lurcher types but they all just seemed to be good dogs dunno if it's me looking back and thinking that but it's just the way it seemed to me I dunno if any body can remember Bobby ramage but he had some wicked old school lurchers tiny some where but they would kill fox better then a big dog could and they had beddy in them 

• Like 2

I was young free and single mate main quarry back then was old raynard day and night I'd be out hunting him in any weather on any ground there was literally no limits id make people cringe the places I've hunted them but it is what it is obviously your not gonna have success every time but you do yah damn near best to make it happen 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Same as I get out as much as I can ,but family,work so weekends and od night when on back shift ,they get a good hour or more a day out along river or hunting in paddocks so there not bored .

Night mooching mine get ? have to feed them carrots 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Penda said:

Beddy greyhounds when I was growing up were 10 a penny and they all just seemed to be natural fox killers or a lot of them were just lurcher to lurcher types but they all just seemed to be good dogs dunno if it's me looking back and thinking that but it's just the way it seemed to me I dunno if any body can remember Bobby ramage but he had some wicked old school lurchers tiny some where but they would kill fox better then a big dog could and they had beddy in them 

Back in 70s my brother kept bedy lurchers ,they had bedlington in them but also a lot more as like you say lurcher x lurcher . They was around 22/23 tts and he took most stuff ,mostly to put in the pot for my mum,nan but he'd take fox for pelts in winter ,no good feeding a jook if it's not earning its keep back then and that's how it should be "bred to work " not look nice !!!!

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Back in 70s my brother kept bedy lurchers ,they had bedlington in them but also a lot more as like you say lurcher x lurcher . They was around 22/23 tts and he took most stuff ,mostly to put in the pot for my mum,nan but he'd take fox for pelts in winter ,no good feeding a jook if it's not earning its keep back then and that's how it should be "bred to work " not look nice !!!!

Amen to that brother

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

in honesty I think the bedlington lurcher as a regular foxer is all but a bye gone memory mooch the fire that was once in there belly to do fox regular as clockwork is all but near on disappeared to the odd fox here an there but no out an out foxers due to how the pure bedlington is bred these days it’s sad really as being a bedlington lurcher fan my self knowing the future looks so bleak for the bedlington lurcher an limited to a rabbit dog Crazy times ain’t it fella not what they used to be

• Like 2
4 hours ago, poxon said:

in honesty I think the bedlington lurcher as a regular foxer is all but a bye gone memory mooch the fire that was once in there belly to do fox regular as clockwork is all but near on disappeared to the odd fox here an there but no out an out foxers due to how the pure bedlington is bred these days it’s sad really as being a bedlington lurcher fan my self knowing the future looks so bleak for the bedlington lurcher an limited to a rabbit dog Crazy times ain’t it fella not what they used to be

It’s such a shame the bedlingtons arnt like what they used to be, not sure why really. I’ve got a beddy/whippet but I’ve never really had one before so I’ve nothing to compare it too. I’ve never seen a pure beddy work either, although I would love too. Maybe they just fell out of flavour to the black terriers, so less people bred/worked them. 

• Like 1