Foxing lurchers

I've had dogs that kill fox but will make a meal of it this is alrite if the dog don't mind taking abit of stick but the trick for me is to get a dog that can kill quickly and efficiently with minimal damage I think that's the ticket you can fox day and night 5 to 7 times a week if you want and that dogs up for it 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

-

Collie bull greyhound, very honest dog. Knows he's job very well, knows the sweet spot every time. Lamping him 3 night a week when the moon is right. If I had the time he would lamped 5 nights.

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Liamboy said:

Plenty of good fox dogs about, but i could count on 1 hand how many 1st class bitches i know. 

I agree with you there mate but I think that's because a lot of people favour dog over the bitch I can go back years ago and it was more common people had good foxing bitches 

6 hours ago, bird said:

and me if i wanted a foxing was my main quarry , got to be from Generation  bred proven dogs . as you say it dont really matter what breeds are in them, but there nothing that will take pain like well bred pit, and foxing dogs get hurt, there all keen at 1st, but soon think about few times, once they been pecked few times . hope you get sorted mate, and get well bred pup or dog .

Hit the nail on the hit. They don’t be long questioning themselves..

3 hours ago, deeley24 said:

Odd too have two dogs not wanting it normally brings out some competition have you have them a Fox too rag etc if they don’t know you want them too kill them they could be running along. Side another dog for all they know 

They were both taking foxs single handed they just didn’t stay going. One of them the whole litter jacked. Was just not a good mating no excuses for them they just were not up to the task

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, sionnach99 said:

I think there’s a lot of lads doubling up. It’s not worth a f**k you don’t know what you have. Any half arsed dog will do it doubled up.

Could never for the life of me understand doubling up on fox, 

A lurcher that won’t take foxes by itself should never have its mouth on one. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Penda said:

I've had dogs that kill fox but will make a meal of it this is alrite if the dog don't mind taking abit of stick but the trick for me is to get a dog that can kill quickly and efficiently with minimal damage I think that's the ticket you can fox day and night 5 to 7 times a week if you want and that dogs up for it 

Seen a few dogs that try to fight with their fox as opposed to killing it if you know what I mean that's when they take a lot of unessecary damage

• Like 1

I only keep bitches as a rule so I’m never wanting a bitch to bred from and generally get on with them better , my blue bitch is small and a demon with foxes she can make a meal out a big dog fox but that’s lack of size not heart , the gwp cross picks them up like rabbits, she’s scary powerful 

edited to add , mine run together because it’s day time hunting not that they need each other just always got them together out hunting both have done it alone on the lamp and in the day 

• Like 1

My white bitch as had a few opportunities to retrieve shot fox this season tbh I was a little disappointed with her efforts or lack of it on them! to begin with I was a bit disappointed about it it’s a bit of a let down when a dog you bred is a anti climax like that when they were looking a real hopeful.I like a all rounder type ready for anything as that’s what I bred them for I think it’s luck of the draw some will some won’t but that’s what it is Unfortunately she seems ok in other departments but shot fox not her bag yet a few of her siblings love retrieving em ??‍♂️I’ve come to the conclusion she’s a coward fanny but I’ll hang on to her as I like her I’ll work her to her advantages but tbh I’ll more than likely have her spade depending how the pup I have on the go turns out