Foxing lurchers

10 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

I'd be going for a pup where both parents are good fox dogs and come from fox hunting lines more than what breeds are in them,I think a bigger % of the pups should be decent workers.A confident pup from working parents,so study the litters behaviour.

and me if i wanted a foxing was my main quarry , got to be from Generation  bred proven dogs . as you say it dont really matter what breeds are in them, but there nothing that will take pain like well bred pit, and foxing dogs get hurt, there all keen at 1st, but soon think about few times, once they been pecked few times . hope you get sorted mate, and get well bred pup or dog .

• Like 5

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saluki bull grey bitch tidy bitch for job   

-

Collie bull greyhound, very honest dog. Knows he's job very well, knows the sweet spot every time. Lamping him 3 night a week when the moon is right. If I had the time he would lamped 5 nights.

Posted Images

Iv been toying with the idea of breeding my blue bitch got a young baby at home now and just started my own business so a litter at home would be a nightmare lol but going to what age people are entering I had a bullx bitch I bred 20 months old running along side and barking no interest and one day it clicked and she’s some animal now with a mate up north , she’s didn’t suit my needs really , not saying you have entered them to young just saying lol , Iv been very lucky lurcher wise everything thing Iv brung on from pups have entered and been good fox dogs 

97BF287C-23B4-4B3C-89C6-EBF8D20D3A5F.jpeg

29687AD3-3DBE-4378-806F-04C16221F0AE.jpeg

25BACA09-0498-4809-9615-23008094D535.jpeg

• Like 4

Forgot to say , don’t underestimate a gundog x this gwpx got is a serious animal and still slightly young in the head is heading in a good direction iv never thought about a pure gwp over her got day time hunting 

2 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Forgot to say , don’t underestimate a gundog x this gwpx got is a serious animal and still slightly young in the head is heading in a good direction iv never thought about a pure gwp over her got day time hunting 

how's the little dog on the left bred? 

20 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

One was about 18 months and the other was older neither was rushed neither worked sore both in good condition. they just didn’t want it and were shite simple as. 

Odd too have two dogs not wanting it normally brings out some competition have you have them a Fox too rag etc if they don’t know you want them too kill them they could be running along. Side another dog for all they know 

4 hours ago, bird said:

and me if i wanted a foxing was my main quarry , got to be from Generation  bred proven dogs . as you say it dont really matter what breeds are in them, but there nothing that will take pain like well bred pit, and foxing dogs get hurt, there all keen at 1st, but soon think about few times, once they been pecked few times . hope you get sorted mate, and get well bred pup or dog .

Best fox dog I ever had was a fourth gen bull grey 26 inch black dog racey like a greyhound and a head like a bucket intelligent dog too took his first fox at two year old as he was very puppyish I thought so I held him back he was built for the job but just wasn't ready mentally but when he clicked by God he was lethal on them had very high pain threshold had to retire him at 6 year old as he was dentally challenged so agree with bird that's what I would go for too good generation bred animal they are out there it's finding proper ones that's the hard bit?

21 hours ago, sionnach99 said:

It’s sickening to say the least. But I’ll hold out and get something out of the right stuff. A lot of dirt about lads breeding off stuff that has only seen game every other week. I’ll take my time what’s for you won’t pass you?

True words . If it was me id only take a pup off a bitch that is proven . The attitude always comes from the bitch if she does foxes best chance pups will . But dog needs to be proven as well but bitch is most important. I've seen it many times where dogs are world beater but mated to mediocre bitches and pups are hit or miss ? 

Best dog saw taking foxes was twenty six inches, Racey but strong and courageous to do the task .  Could of been better even if not entered as early and his demise I won't go into,(no fault of his own ) . Also around the time he was  bred I saw people breeding off bitches which were not proven but dogs hyped up by there appearance and worked with other big sized lurchers. 

37 minutes ago, Pirate 9000 said:

If you want to have good working dogs over along period of time, terrier or lurcher you have to keep good working bitches in your kennels otherwise your allways having to use other lads bitches to produce replacements.

My moto that is mate you get a good bitch in your kennels you need not look any where else I've had good dogs but a good foxing bitch is worth it's weight in gold