New Year... New Gun - I Need You!

Thank you all. 

I am going to go with the Wildcat for a few reasons, the cocking being center so when out lamping i can get them shots cycled quicker, the Cat seems more like a rifle than a pup, it looks a nicer gun. However i do not favor the power situation, to make any changes to the power seems to be a bit of a faff on the cat as apposed to that of the Vulcan and Cricket. The ease of power adjustments on the other two really have me in a tricky place. Out in the field for some long range bunnies then a push or pull of the spring tensioner and im able to pop down the power from some barn work. 

• Like 3

Don't worry too much about reducing the power level for barn work as I found after dropping the power on my Impact, I would forget to take it back up again, I know, old fool BUT I then just left the power on my .25 at 47fpe for everything without any issues at all including inside barn roofs and on rafters when shooting the ferals, simply do not miss, use a support if needed and away you go.

Phil

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sh4d0w said:

Thank you all. 

I am going to go with the Wildcat for a few reasons, the cocking being center so when out lamping i can get them shots cycled quicker, the Cat seems more like a rifle than a pup, it looks a nicer gun. However i do not favor the power situation, to make any changes to the power seems to be a bit of a faff on the cat as apposed to that of the Vulcan and Cricket. The ease of power adjustments on the other two really have me in a tricky place. Out in the field for some long range bunnies then a push or pull of the spring tensioner and im able to pop down the power from some barn work. 

Have a look at this . It’s worth buying , my mate has order one , so will let you know how it goes 

https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Wildcat-Power-Plenum-XL-Set-With-Tuning-Regulator

• Like 1
18 hours ago, villaman said:

Have a look at this . It’s worth buying , my mate has order one , so will let you know how it goes 

https://www.huma-air.com/FX-Wildcat-Power-Plenum-XL-Set-With-Tuning-Regulator

Hi mate, i did look at this but i am keen to have fewer refills and suspect that adding an extra 30CC of air per shot will reduce my shot count a fair whack. 

1 hour ago, sh4d0w said:

Hi mate, i did look at this but i am keen to have fewer refills and suspect that adding an extra 30CC of air per shot will reduce my shot count a fair whack. 

I think it’s the other way lower reg pressure same or higher out put with more shots 

• Like 1