Stoltman Brothers ( strong man )

I wasn’t training for anything specific just decided to do a bit of extra gym work ... I’ve always been naturally strong and always worked and played hard and seeing as you get payed to train in the army In top class  gyms I just took advantage of that .......

• Like 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep I pulled that when we were In Kosovo and they yanks put up a multi nation competition that I won ........

I agree that competition was much better back then i cant even be arsed to watch it anymore........too much bodyweight strength these days i think the likes of Sigmarson,Magnuson,Pudzianowski etc were

You getting in to arguments !!! No way ,just can't imagine it ,an easy going placid fella like you ..fukin world's gone mad .

The actual weight is not whats remarkable about a lift like that its the fact you wasnt a powerlifter....having had a gym for a number of years i saw plenty of strong lads come into the gym with no real training and move serious weight around on brute force alone....some people are just natural strong in certain areas but a lift as technical as a deadlift you can expect to gain around 25% poundage over a couple of years just on technical proficiency alone......and 25% on top of the lift described above is a world record lift.

Its probably the equivalent of watching somebody running 100 metres for the bus in under 10 seconds ?

9 hours ago, socks said:

I wasn’t training for anything specific just decided to do a bit of extra gym work ... I’ve always been naturally strong and always worked and played hard and seeing as you get payed to train in the army In top class  gyms I just took advantage of that .......

Mrs dad played rugby and water polo for the Navy, he was Fleet Air Arm Gun Crew, when they were training for the gun runs he said they got extra rations, steak, eggs, etc every day as well as extra time off for recuperation.

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Mrs dad played rugby and water polo for the Navy, he was Fleet Air Arm Gun Crew, when they were training for the gun runs he said they got extra rations, steak, eggs, etc every day as well as extra time off for recuperation.

Cheers, D.

field gun crew yes they ate well but so did most in the rn well i did that was nearly 50 years ago  ,,

2 hours ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

My d man did the gun crew two years running ... he was telling me that the team starts off with twice the amount of people needed as there are so many injuries during the training .....

25 minutes ago, socks said:

My d man did the gun crew two years running ... he was telling me that the team starts off with twice the amount of people needed as there are so many injuries during the training .....

thats about right mate  

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, socks said:

They're tough boys to be sure, went to the reunion with him at Culdrose a few years back, funny seeing these 70 odd years old blokes having the crack with their mates from years back.?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Done farmers walks tonight. Good exercise that

Rusty....check out hathors YouTube channel......he picks up the Thomas inch dumbbell for the first time in his career.....then his old man does it....that's freakish grip

On 31/01/2020 at 09:21, gnasher16 said:

The actual weight is not whats remarkable about a lift like that its the fact you wasnt a powerlifter....having had a gym for a number of years i saw plenty of strong lads come into the gym with no real training and move serious weight around on brute force alone....some people are just natural strong in certain areas but a lift as technical as a deadlift you can expect to gain around 25% poundage over a couple of years just on technical proficiency alone......and 25% on top of the lift described above is a world record lift.

Its probably the equivalent of watching somebody running 100 metres for the bus in under 10 seconds ?

I used to train with a power lifter who was world level so he had my deadlift technique sorted .... I just could never get my squat technique right hence I was shit at squat. I have also always been naturally strong luckily ......