Stoltman Brothers ( strong man )

Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

That's an untested division which makes socks lift even more impressive if he was natty. Not sure if your allowed gear in the army?

have a look down the list at the 123 lb class.......Preciouse macenzie.....still holds a total world record.....some of the older chaps might remember him......he was south African born I think but represented britian at the olympics ....but then moved to n.z and lifted for them

• Like 1

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep I pulled that when we were In Kosovo and they yanks put up a multi nation competition that I won ........

I agree that competition was much better back then i cant even be arsed to watch it anymore........too much bodyweight strength these days i think the likes of Sigmarson,Magnuson,Pudzianowski etc were

You getting in to arguments !!! No way ,just can't imagine it ,an easy going placid fella like you ..fukin world's gone mad .

4 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

That's an untested division which makes socks lift even more impressive if he was natty. Not sure if your allowed gear in the army?

pretty sure you get drug tested regular in the army ...but you right very impresive

On 28/01/2020 at 18:57, downsouth said:

My pal at the gym a couple of minutes down the road from me a few years back.Super strong for a 16 stone bloke who also did triathlons.Weve just recently started getting out on the mountain bikes together recently and hes been talking about doing an endurance race.

Does Roy Cole still get down that gym ? old silver haired geezer more of a powerlifter than strongman but trained for a while out of that gym i seem to remember....not still mincing about in his speedos at 63 whatever he is is he ?

4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Does Roy Cole still get down that gym ? old silver haired geezer more of a powerlifter than strongman but trained for a while out of that gym i seem to remember....not still mincing about in his speedos at 63 whatever he is is he ?

That place hasnt been used for a long time now as Paul hasnt competed in a few years.Cant ever remember seeing him there although I only used to go down there once maybe twice a week at the most as it was a bit basic with mostly strong man equipment thst another mate and myself fabricated.I do remeber an older grey haire guy doing power lifting down at Tony Lee's Gym in whitstable that I used to train at with Paul.

1 hour ago, downsouth said:

That place hasnt been used for a long time now as Paul hasnt competed in a few years.Cant ever remember seeing him there although I only used to go down there once maybe twice a week at the most as it was a bit basic with mostly strong man equipment thst another mate and myself fabricated.I do remeber an older grey haire guy doing power lifting down at Tony Lee's Gym in whitstable that I used to train at with Paul.

Right i know yes i think we,ve had a natter before havent we....Roy Cole won a lot of competitions he was a very good lifter,lives in Swanley i just wondered how he,s getting on as we lost touch a while back.

2 hours ago, socks said:

Well fukc me I was a record holder and didn’t even know about it ??? .......

In all seriousness its a wonder none of the referees or officials knew that was a record lift....normally army competitions are well run events with knowledgeable people involved ive judged a couple of forces bodybuilding events that were very well organised.

26 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

In all seriousness its a wonder none of the referees or officials knew that was a record lift....normally army competitions are well run events with knowledgeable people involved ive judged a couple of forces bodybuilding events that were very well organised.

It was in Kosovo mate during the war ... the yanks build a camp and fill it with McDonald’s Burger King American paper shops etc and try to make it like a little America to take the troops minds off where they are and basketball baseball gym competitions etc are common place and probably ran by guys that didn’t have any clue about competition records etc .....

39 minutes ago, socks said:

It was in Kosovo mate during the war ... the yanks build a camp and fill it with McDonald’s Burger King American paper shops etc and try to make it like a little America to take the troops minds off where they are and basketball baseball gym competitions etc are common place and probably ran by guys that didn’t have any clue about competition records etc .....

Were you training for it specifically, or just something else on top of PT and ops?