Is it really that bad in Scotland ?

i did a para intake , i couldn’t be doing with it so re cap badged as I wanted to leave with something viable other than I’m good crack and my knees are f****d 

Good for him max to push himself although with his timings , he’s sadly missed out on a very decent era for ABF and will have been criminally underused imho 

7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I serve in a parachute squadron , have done for over a decade.

Varied in strength from about 90 -120 dependant on time. 

Never more than 5 or 6 jocks there at one time. 

Twaddle 

There might have been a few more in the Black Watch or the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders  ?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, maxhardcore said:

Stiff - Katch

A article Iv just read states that the SAS on average is made up of slightly more than 15% Scots.

And that Scotland only makes up 8% of the population of the UK.

So going Off them numbers they a disproportionately represented in Our SAS.

Make of that what you will ' argue the toss if you like .

But there you go ?

Nonsense 

the units that feed the special forces are traditionally 16 aa and army based infantry for Hereford . 

With the sbs normally seen as the natural progression for Royal Marines in particular recce operators and mountain leaders . The basing of royals in abroath naturally determines a higher than average application for jocks to this arm.

srr normally recruit from a slightly older peer group than uksf which is usually a broad spectrum of mixed cap badges including females . A lot of guys who fail selection go back on for SRR . 

I can categorically state that of the 100 or so lads who I personally know have attempted selection , 2 were jocks. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I agree with what ye saying but tbh but. The reason there ain’t many jocks in with you is they like to stick together, back when I was rhf it was the done thing for lads to join em from there catchment area, same as highlanders an black watch an so on, now it’s the regiment a scotland, an I no too sure how it works but back in the day a Glaswegian lad would have laughed at joining the para’s, marines or anything other than the rhf, unless he had family ties to another regiment ?

but the answer the post, there is no more jocks than any other nationalaity in the forces, atleast not that I know of an when I was training recruits 15 odd year back then the smaller jock regimiments that had lads in training didn’t even have enough for a section of there own an had to borrow lads from north England to make up there numbers ?

On the money pal 

you follow your blood normally 

especially amongst the trade arms and the infantry