North v South

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I had a Lamb & Mint Sauce Pasty in Cornwall once absolutely delightful....is there anything they wont put in a pasty....jellied eels maybe ?

in wales we have the giant oggie which is a pasty  made from lamb ,potatos and leeks

3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Anything goes in a pasty, that's the idea. Leftovers in pastry; curry, roast and spag bol are all good as is chocolate ?

Sorry mate I don't agree with that one, keep all the fancy cheese and onion, chicken tikka etc. To me a pasty is beef skirt, potato, onion and swede a load of  black pepper bit of salt and a knob of butter or cream in a pastry made from hard bread flower, Proper Job, Proper pasty.

Any body want the recipe?

Cheers Arry

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Arry said:

Sorry mate I don't agree with that one, keep all the fancy cheese and onion, chicken tikka etc. To me a pasty is beef skirt, potato, onion and swede a load of  black pepper bit of salt and a knob of butter or cream in a pastry made from hard bread flower, Proper Job, Proper pasty.

Cheers Arry

That's a traditional Arry but don't hurt to mix things up

• Like 1
6 hours ago, staffs riffraff said:

Staffordshire oatcakes, Bakewell tarts 

In and around Bakewell....there called puddings.....not tarts.....and there's two of three shops that claim to be the first....just a bit  of trivia for you

• Like 1
5 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

I went through Melton Mowbray a while back......you think its all a load of ol bollocks like how can a simple pork pie be better here than there but stone me it was by far the best pork pie ive ever had ?....nice quaint little town i thought.

Best eaten with brown sauce .....

DO NOT USE KETCHUP.....

52 minutes ago, Arry said:

Cheers Arry

A local variation on the traditional recipe ...replace the pastry with bread and butter and instead of fuking about with mince and Swedes etc use chips .fold carefully an serve with a  cup of tea 

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, Astanley said:

A local variation on the traditional recipe ...replace the pastry with bread and butter and instead of fuking about with mince and Swedes etc use chips .fold carefully an serve with a  cup of tea 

Lol......to be fair....a chip butty  is a culinary delight

• Like 2

I remember years ago living in the Midlands for a short while the Fish & Chip van coming round on a Friday ?.....and out we would go for our " fish and battered chips "........battered chips or as they called them Orange Chips what the fucks that all about !

• Confused 1
31 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I remember years ago living in the Midlands for a short while the Fish & Chip van coming round on a Friday ?.....and out we would go for our " fish and battered chips "........battered chips or as they called them Orange Chips what the fucks that all about !

Paignton has a few places that does them 

8 hours ago, Blackmag said:

I don't want his address buddy it's the fact he says I have said this said that but when I have asked him to show me he avoids the question i think it must be the amount of folk he argues with he gets confused as to who said what I think he doesn't know how to act amongst a group so has to try and be centre of attention all the time then comes out with its reverse casting ect 

Mate he’s such a twat he will argue with himself, example below, best if you, me and everyone else just ignore him and hope he gets bored and fucks off ✌️✌️

B435A207-5B67-4B88-A666-8642012286F1.png

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned , probably at some point but something every lower league football fan should know is that the best chips in the world are  outside which ground ???? 

f**k knows.....who ?

Do Scousers still ask for " scraps " on their chips ?.........i asked a pal of mine what are scraps he said the burnt bits that fall off the batter ?

Just sweep them up and chuck them in the bin for crying out loud !