North v South

1 hour ago, maxhardcore said:

I'm not culinary racist.

I will try all dishes ?

I know you ain’t a massive fan of your own culture but Britain is literally bursting at the seams with top class produce and traditional dishes 

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's wrong with liver. It's very good for you. Coated in flour black pepper and a salt, fryed in real butter, with home made brown bread,  The food for the gods Atb j 

I've spent half my life fishing in the lakes and it's stunning, someone mentioned life experiences and my best ones are there and on the beaches and in the sea in North Wales, travelled all over the w

I was working in a quarry on a dozer feeding a 1 mile long conveyor belt.through a big hopper. It was sandstone and gravel.The sandstone seem was about 2ft thick and I had to use the dozer ripper

Posted Images

Well you can keep it all except black pudding. Me it's a Pasty got to a good one mind, bloody love them.

As far as people go country folk I've met all over England, Scotland, Wales and  Ireland are all friendly and pretty much the same really except the accents. I'm not a city person so can't speak for city folk.

Cheers Arry

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Arry said:

Well you can keep it all except black pudding. Me it's a Pasty got to a good one mind, bloody love them.

As far as people go country folk I've met all over England, Scotland, Wales and  Ireland are all friendly and pretty much the same really except the accents. I'm not a city person so can't speak for city folk.

Cheers Arry

Well said mate, I have pals from all over the British isles.....very, very close pals some of them are too.

My pal from Burnley lives in London but takes his kids up North regular for what he calls “Northern lessons” ! Lol 

Same as me, I pull the kids up if they drop Irish phrases into a sentence ! Haha

Its all a bit of a laugh but it’s important to retain your roots too I believe and I think most blokes have a little bit of that in them.

Your always going to get a total f***ing prat wherever you go but decent lads tend to gravitate to other decent lads.

Anyway, the north’s f***ing freezing and they all dress like it’s 1985 ! Lol ? 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, WILF said:

There’s not many towns that have a food associated with them is there.

Obviously Pie & Mash is London and Melton Mowbray has pork pies

As I’ve said, Arbroath has smokies 

anywhere else ?

Do have counties though - Devon clotted cream, cornish pasty and then there's Somerset cider 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

Do have counties though - Devon clotted cream, cornish pasty and then there's Somerset cider 

Now thats a touchy thing "Cornish pasty" they pinched it off Devon. The first records of the Pasty are in Devon. But the Cornish will claim they have cave paintings of them.

Cheers Arry

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, walshie said:

Dunfermline bridies.

Cromer crab

Cheddar cheese;

No mate not Cromer Crab they should not be aloud to be famous for that they are the only place that can land undersize Crab, we throw them back that size down here. 

Cheers Arry

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, Arry said:

Now thats a touchy thing "Cornish pasty" they pinched it off Devon. The first records of the Pasty are in Devon. But the Cornish will claim they have cave paintings of them.

Cheers Arry

No I know Arry but rest of the country believe em to be best, personally actual cornish ones are normally shite. Rather a traditional from the butchers 

• Like 1