Squaring the thingy

This area is fairly affluent,   There aren't any Rif Raf or fellows of foreign origin or street gangs and it is all quiet and orderly, but what I  don't get is how people live and afford to live to the expense of their lifestyle. With the cost of  mortgages , rates ( houses around here are in the region of 350 to 750 thousand pounds )( those with land are a lot more). Every week  the majority of houses have a blue box of wine bottles outside on bin day.  The women mostly drive large modern cars and don't wander around in grey tracky bottoms loòking like wayneta. now consider that most couples the wife has to work to help pay the mortgage and expenses and unless you work in London, ( the woman who lives next to me is a single parent and drops her child off at the school's breakfast club, then drives about 12 miles to the train and then to work in Covent Garden and then the return 4 days a week.   Admittedly she has some high flying top city job but what a lifestyle to lead ).  The majority of jobs are either minimum wage or short contract. So how do they do it ? You  can only live on tick or credit so long before the walls close in. So how ?

15 minutes ago, Balaur said:

Plenty of people inherit property and wealth, some people manage to earn a couple of hundred k a yr, lots have vehicles on finance /lease and claim it against tax, I know a fella inherited a property maybe 300k no mortgage, he's remortgaged to the value of the property now just keeping up with his social circle, sad really to have that opportunity and feck it up. So many people seem to be living on tick , another guy I've worked with has vehicles probably in the region of £150k on tick, it's not for me, but plenty see it as success....

3 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

All flash, an no cash

It can only go on for a period of time before they fall off the pushbike that ain't being pedalled. It's sort of a show of the shallowness of general society where there's nothing of substance to back it up.

• Like 1

It doesn't really concern me about other people's finances or what they have or haven't got because I  feel pretty comfortable with what i've got  But its just a thought about how a lot of people seem to operate in a shallow existence of instagram and make believe by selling their soul to the banks.  God help them if the interest rate climbs or they get made redundant.  I suppose that this could account for the amount of suicides in youngsters when theyve  got their whole lives in front of them.  This happened just up the road the other week when a young bloke of about 25 hung himself in his room and some of the family were downstairs.  Terribly tragic for the whole family and the neighbourhood. This has upset a lot of people that have said "If only I  could have done something.