Kobe bryant

On 27/01/2020 at 15:03, gnasher16 said:

It was the owner of the club i think.

Call me callous but i cant be doing with all this Rip to any and every person who ever dies how do you know 3 of the people in that helicopter were not rapists or child molesters... just randomly giving caring thoughts to people you dont even know the names of just seems insincere to me.

Besides which isnt the original reason for saying " Rip " that the person in their reconciliation with God in heaven have eternal rest and not be tormented in hell,as well as being cheap as chips to carve into stone of course !.......but why would non spiritual people use the abbreviation its almost become trendy to throw a few Rip,s out there just incase somebody dies !

the other thing is I personally feel it loses all meaning when its just to every stranger that snuffs it, as you said its not sincere is it. its just another craze that's come from FB like wishing every c**t happy birthday

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hawki said:

i was searching for this quote i taught i had a mad dream or read it in a book you no, cloudy buzz, couldn't put my finger on it but thl pops up with this beaut. ITS THE QUOTE lol

that quote just stuck in my brain mad aint it lads.

thanks.

Blimey that was a bit grim i must have been in a mood that day ....little bit over cynical maybe ?

29 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Blimey that was a bit grim i must have been in a mood that day ....little bit over cynical maybe ?

Nah, it's not over cynical.  I can't be doing with all that sort of 'well wishing, kissing hugging, kindest regards, R I P', or any of that bollox, over most things these days!  Social media 'luvviness' bollox!

?

• Like 2

Much to my total incomprehension my boy has got right into basket ball in the last 12 months.....don’t ask because I don’t know !

But, eager to be the supportive dad I try and show a bit of interest and maybe use some thing from that for him to relate into proper sports ! 

See, I just don’t understand what relevance basketball has to anyone in Europe ?.......it’s a typically American thing where they take a good game like Netball and then tweak it so that it’s much easier and everyone scores about a 100 points !

So, why a basketball player becomes some sort of cultural icon to anyone outside of America is totally and utterly beyond me ! 

5 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

the other thing is I personally feel it loses all meaning when its just to every stranger that snuffs it, as you said its not sincere is it. its just another craze that's come from FB like wishing every c**t happy birthday

Local drug dealer-dies certain members of the community did nowt but slag him off and like modern society took to Facebook to express how heartbroken they were made me sick 

1 minute ago, keepdiggin said:

Local drug dealer-dies certain members of the community did nowt but slag him off and like modern society took to Facebook to express how heartbroken they were made me sick 

I can remember a similar thing with a lad I went school with and how they all said what a star he was but he was a total c**t yet now he's remembered as a Saint 

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, WILF said:

Much to my total incomprehension my boy has got right into basket ball in the last 12 months.....don’t ask because I don’t know !

But, eager to be the supportive dad I try and show a bit of interest and maybe use some thing from that for him to relate into proper sports ! 

See, I just don’t understand what relevance basketball has to anyone in Europe ?.......it’s a typically American thing where they take a good game like Netball and then tweak it so that it’s much easier and everyone scores about a 100 points !

So, why a basketball player becomes some sort of cultural icon to anyone outside of America is totally and utterly beyond me ! 

Yanks just dont understand sports that dont involve drama and big numbers they think playing a game of " soccer " for 90 minutes and drawing nil nil is a total waste of time.

• Like 1