Lurcher bitch with run at night but not in the day?

I have recently bought a 4 year old bull whippet x collie whippet. She is mustard at night on the lamp cleaver bitch as soon as the rabbit makes a mistake Under pressure its game over!  But i have been doing a lot of bushing with my dogs as a pack during the day and not for love or money will she run after anything, all the rest will get on and she will just stand there and watch no interest what so ever ! Does anybody have an idea why she would do this? 

As above one to one ,do a bit of ferreting and she soon take interest in catching once ferrets start bolting coney into nets and once she interested just bolt them to her .

maybe she was only used at night so that's all she knows so being out bushing is to much to take in so she sits back .

I hope all works out for you both 

atb

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

As above one to one ,do a bit of ferreting and she soon take interest in catching once ferrets start bolting coney into nets and once she interested just bolt them to her .

maybe she was only used at night so that's all she knows so being out bushing is to much to take in so she sits back .

I hope all works out for you both 

atb

Top man thank you

5 minutes ago, terryd said:

Is she seeing stuff and not chasing ? or is she not just getting involved trying to find stuff. Some lurchers just don't know how to use there snouts espeacially if just used to lamping

Shes seeing stuff and not chasing mate, the rest are on the run and she will just be at your heal... Watching ,but just gone out for a quick shine 2/2 rabbits no problem... just don't get it 

if It’s hot on the lamp that’s good enough Be happy use a dog for its best ability , if you keep pushing the bushing thing and it gets involved and pics up a bit of vocal  from the other dogs you’ll ruin a good lamper if it  starts singing on the beam 

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

if It’s hot on the lamp that’s good enough Be happy use a dog for its best ability , if you keep pushing the bushing thing and it gets involved and pics up a bit of vocal you’ll ruin a good lamper if it  starts singing on the beam 

Wise words brother 

47 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

if It’s hot on the lamp that’s good enough Be happy use a dog for its best ability , if you keep pushing the bushing thing and it gets involved and pics up a bit of vocal  from the other dogs you’ll ruin a good lamper if it  starts singing on the beam 

Just frustrating watching game run away with out a chase ??

I've a bitch here that won't hardly chase if another dog is present and yet gives it her best if on her own. She's just a really subservient bitch so pulls up to let the other dog run even if it the busher. It's frustrating but she has other talents so I'm not bothered. They are all different, I try and work with their strengths rather than focusing on their weak points.

How long you had her?

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Tyla said:

I've a bitch here that won't hardly chase if another dog is present and yet gives it her best if on her own. She's just a really subservient bitch so pulls up to let the other dog run even if it the busher. It's frustrating but she has other talents so I'm not bothered. They are all different, I try and work with their strengths rather than focusing on their weak points.

How long you had her?

This bitch sounds identical. I am going to try her on her own later today and bash the bushes myself. Had her for 4 months now she was in bad shape when i got her but shes about right now after plenty of conditioning  

35 minutes ago, Adamposh said:

This bitch sounds identical. I am going to try her on her own later today and bash the bushes myself. Had her for 4 months now she was in bad shape when i got her but shes about right now after plenty of conditioning  

Take her for what she is. Lamp her and if you want to get her bushing maybe just take her on her own or with an elderly busher who wont bother chasing in the open. 

I took mine up the dales on an invite and there were a few dogs. She didn't want to do much with the competition but once she worked out she could hunt them up out of the reeds on her own she started jumping a wall into a different field, hunting up and flushing her own rabbits. She'd retrieve them back to me once she caught one then go off on her own again. Just wouldn't work with a pack she didn't know.

Funny things dogs.

• Like 2

My lurcher is abit like that. She fine day and nite with my other lot but when I've taken her beating before now she just walks by my heel all day. The other day on the beating line a rabbit ran straight past her but she just looked at it. But if I was on my own bushing with her she would of snapped it up no problem or made the effort anyway