Dad Taking Kids Ratting In Newcastle

A mate just sent me something relating to a lad rattling with a Russell in the Newcastle (England) area. He takes his kids with him and allegedly is now being investigated by social services. He could be on a sticky wicket as will not have written permission from landowner (2004 Hunting Act), but still...what have we became as a nation?

Edited by eastcoast
Spelling
  • Sad 1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He’s not doing anything illegal , if he was plod would have given him more than words , just because plod and the council don’t like it doesn’t mean he can’t do it . The trouble with not being confron

Whats the difference in taking a kid fishing all night, lamping or even camping, it's bollocks. The only difference is killing rats. Thats it the snow flake left wing vegan whole nut red haired dykes 

All my kids are under 8 and if I feel like taking them out after 9 o’clock to kill a few rats it’s absolutely none of social services business. 

4 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

The Chronicle, A local newspaper. Local to Newcastle . That’s all I know.

2 minutes ago, ArchieHood said:

Thanks for that!

The way the article reads the concern is that his kids are in the city after dark and that it's a safety issue. I couldn't see anything in that one about him breaking any hunting laws. It's kinda funny that he's doing the council's job and they're not doing theirs by keeping the rat numbers down, like they're supposed to do by several laws pertaining to rodent control.

The way I see it he's walking his dog in the city, with his kids. All good exercise for the team. His dog happens to catch a few rats which the council don't seem to be doing as part of their legal obligation and the local food establishments choose to give them a bit of grub some nights as they're part of the community. What crime is being committed? ;)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Balaur said:

Hmm I'm pretty sure there's far more vulnerable children they should be concerning themselves with .

Absolutely. The police and social services have ignored far more vulnerable children over the last several decades and we've all had the mutual disgust of watching that play out in the media.

Maybe they should leave the vermin to those who know how to deal with vermin? Besides I'm sure the dad, kids and the russell have all filled out their risk assessments...

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Absolutely. The police and social services have ignored far more vulnerable children over the last several decades and we've all had the mutual disgust of watching that play out in the media.

Maybe they should leave the vermin to those who know how to deal with vermin? Besides I'm sure the dad, kids and the russell have all filled out their risk assessments...

You mentioned RA’s. That’s the kind of thing that they will try and get this lad on. The Hunting Act ? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood it but have all ways tried to adhere to the law ever since an helicopter used to miraculously appear whenever I left the home with terriers,

14 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

You mentioned RA’s. That’s the kind of thing that they will try and get this lad on. The Hunting Act ? Perhaps I’ve misunderstood it but have all ways tried to adhere to the law ever since an helicopter used to miraculously appear whenever I left the home with terriers,

Understandable and it can be a legal quagmire from what I've seen in the news over the years. Not having permission from the landowner or occupier to hunt rats is a violation of the Hunting Act, but hunting rats with dogs is permissible under the act with landowner or occupier permission.

However if he was walking his dogs in areas where rats were present and his dog accidentally caught and killed some he wouldn't technically be committing an offense which is also my understanding.

They could get him on a technicality but how likely would that be based on the publicity that would bring the councils own pest control system under scrutiny?

The article isn't giving the full information though as they've only mentioned it as a safety hazard.

Edited by ChrisJones
Clarity
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Dougal McGuire said:

i dont know but better example would be set if kid was hunting something edible

Possibly but showing kids how a working dog does it job is hardly a breach of the Geneva Convention either. Rats need to be controlled and the only crime I've seen committed here is the intervention of social services. How many lads on here saw a terrier on a rat the first time they went hunting? I'm sure for many of us it was the big introduction into hunting. When I worked for one of the nation PC companies in the UK I'd take my kids with me all the time. They've got a keen eye, passionate interest, and saw things that many seasoned pesties didn't. Plus with child labour rates of a Happy Meal and day/night out with dad it was better than anything CBeebies was teaching them! :laugh:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dougal McGuire said:

i dont know but better example would be set if kid was hunting something edible

Fair comment. The way certain people are predicting the futures of our Planiit it may end up with just us and the rats , and cockroaches of course. And badgers.

3 minutes ago, Dougal McGuire said:

your right Chris an there with there father so be getting told right from wrong, i prob jumped in to quick trying be smart arse

No worries, mate. I just see the whole thing as a massive local authority over reach. It's f*ck*ng bonkers when you've got kids causing actual trouble a few streets away and they're diverting the limited resources they're always telling about and focusing on a guy out with his kids having a bit of productive fun. But then I think most of them won't be happy until we're all on 24 hour lockdown anyway.

Good luck to him however it plays out.