Few hours up the hills

Had a few hours up the hills this morning. Started the trek up before first light and got to the top just as the sun was coming up. Only the lurchers today as I wanted the young bitch to start ranging with the older dog. Had a decent walk on the first open bit of ground and then the dogs picked up some more scent and headed over the brow. Took me a while to get over the top and I could see them through the binoculars jumping around a big patch of gorse. Needed the busher! Walked over the ridge to another spot and stayed on the high ground while the dogs worked down below. Noses were down but nothing popped up. Decided to drop to some lower more open ground and met up with a mate and his collie x. My dog was here there and everywhere but the young bitch was flagging a bit. Seen nothing for a while so started the walk down home. Bitches nose went up and she ran into some cover. Lots of movement and the other dog was over a wall and down into the next valley and marked a pile of rocks. Was more than happy with the young gun and she seems to be learning quick. Anyway after 5 hours walking we were messing about in the field next to the house and the pup flushed a rabbit out the bracken. The older dog knew where it was heading and experience won over youth! Brilliant morning out.

DDBFFB80-4B9C-4F8A-B10A-549761BD3211.png

E5C84A04-B1CF-4DBE-B8FF-88FB938EA36C.jpeg

E71782B9-8625-4E56-A3CE-45E9BE3EFAC9.jpeg

138C2AF8-794C-4414-A9C2-9502B3025D7A.jpeg

AA3FD9FF-4A16-4E85-B3CB-DAE76CA4DA73.jpeg

Edited by white van man
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, white van man said:

Had a few hours up the hills this morning. Started the trek up before first light and got to the top just as the sun was coming up. Only the lurchers today as I wanted the young bitch to start ranging with the older dog. Had a decent walk on the first open bit of ground and then the dogs picked up some more scent and headed over the brow. Took me a while to get over the top and I could see them through the binoculars jumping around a big patch of gorse. Needed the busher! Walked over the ridge to another spot and stayed on the high ground while the dogs worked down below. Noses were down but nothing popped up. Decided to drop to some lower more open ground and met up with a mate and his collie x. My dog was here there and everywhere but the young bitch was flagging a bit. Seen nothing for a while so started the walk down home. Bitches nose went up and she ran into some cover. Lots of movement and the other dog was over a wall and down into the next valley and marked a pile of rocks. Was more than happy with the young gun and she seems to be learning quick. Anyway after 5 hours walking we were messing about in the field next to the house and the pup flushed a rabbit out the bracken. The older dog knew where it was heading and experience won over youth! Brilliant morning out.

DDBFFB80-4B9C-4F8A-B10A-549761BD3211.png

E5C84A04-B1CF-4DBE-B8FF-88FB938EA36C.jpeg

E71782B9-8625-4E56-A3CE-45E9BE3EFAC9.jpeg

138C2AF8-794C-4414-A9C2-9502B3025D7A.jpeg

AA3FD9FF-4A16-4E85-B3CB-DAE76CA4DA73.jpeg

Brilliant, my kind of morning. 

Edited by Allan P