Ideal trip of a lifetime.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dream holiday would have to include winning one of those gonks on the two penny falls at skeggy, over the years I've probably spent over twenty seven quid but all I have to show for it is a scooby

you just cant wait to get them chaps back on can you.....

RV and just cutting about small town America in the mid west and southern states......mingling in, chatting to people......burning the odd cross ! (Joke by the way)  Stopping whatever I liked the

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Norway cod fishing then on to France for some digging  would suit me 

If it’s digging you want, stay in Skandinavia.....pal of mine was out there years ago with a couple of other lads off this site and had a whale of a time 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dougal McGuire said:

me either but a digging holiday ffs once week plenty

If we was all the same life would be boring dougal out seeing different dogs work and how different cultures are suits me but it's not for others 

1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

If we was all the same life would be boring dougal out seeing different dogs work and how different cultures are suits me but it's not for others 

As I remember the local lads used a couple of Fox Terriers amongst other things and I know they impressed my pal because our own native Fox Terriers are shite 

They dug badger and raccoon dogs 

It came back to me, the trip was to Finland 

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, WILF said:

As I remember the local lads used a couple of Fox Terriers amongst other things and I know they impressed my pal because our own native Fox Terriers are shite 

They dug badger and raccoon dogs 

It came back to me, the trip was to Finland 

Seen video clips of badger digging in Finland with fox terriers. They looked like very hand dogs, didnt shy away from their work and stuck it out till the end. Can't ask for more than that. 

Atb j 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Nice spot? It’s about 2000 mile long I sure mate ?

???

A thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail typically takes between five and seven months, although speedsters have done it in less than 50 days. The average hiker's pace is about three miles an hour. This pace may be slower at the beginning of the trail, and become faster as hikers gain muscle strength and confidence 2200 miles.

your feet would be worn down to your knee caps, by the time you get to the end ???

Atb j

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I’d take my time an spend a full year on it, proper goin slow at winter or when needed an taking it in, imagine the sights yous are in 2000 mile mate. I read about it as a lad an always swore if I become proper rich I’d take a year out a life an have a bash ?

Hope it come true for lad. 

Drifting form town to town, changing season's ect ect, I can see the attraction.  

Atb j j