Ideal trip of a lifetime.

What would be your ideal trip, holiday, adventure, what ever you want to call it.

Mine would be, motorbike with sidecar, full of camping gear fishing roads, and tour Canada from east to west. Just to travel at a nice easy pace. 

Atb j 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My dream holiday would have to include winning one of those gonks on the two penny falls at skeggy, over the years I've probably spent over twenty seven quid but all I have to show for it is a scooby

you just cant wait to get them chaps back on can you.....

RV and just cutting about small town America in the mid west and southern states......mingling in, chatting to people......burning the odd cross ! (Joke by the way)  Stopping whatever I liked the

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, jetro said:

What would be your ideal trip, holiday, adventure, what ever you want to call it.

Mine would be, motorbike with sidecar, full of camping gear fishing roads, and tour Canada from east to west. Just to travel at a nice easy pace. 

Atb j 

RV and just cutting about small town America in the mid west and southern states......mingling in, chatting to people......burning the odd cross ! (Joke by the way) 

Stopping whatever I liked the look of.

Edited by WILF
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Been to some class places all.over the world with the wife that I would go back to any in a minute but best trip I've every been was when took my wee boy his first holiday to tenerife for a week. Was best holiday ever

The first of many with him.

Atb j 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, WILF said:

RV and just cutting about small town America in the mid west and southern states......mingling in, chatting to people......burning the odd cross ! (Joke by the way) 

Stopping whatever I liked the look of.

Sounds ideal. See the real America and it's citizen's. 

I'm sure someone along the way could accommodate you with a cross that needs burning, ??

Atb j 

• Haha 1
Just now, Rusty_terrier said:

Is Canada not too cold to camp?

I'm a bit soft lol but a few nice log cabins that would be a good trip

Well was really thinking of late spring, to late autumn, that kinda of time frame.

If I couldn't make the Canadian trip, I'd definitely do southern Europe  then across in eastern Europe. 

Atb j 

2 minutes ago, sid g said:

we do the same little greek fishing village twice a year have done for the last 20 year next year we plan to do 8 weeks may june  plans to tour the uk in a camper van for the rest of the year or the year after  just load up and go see where we end up ...

Sounds like heaven. 

G.B. has some fantastic scenery.

Atb j 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Bosun11 said:

Or like Arther & Olive from 'On the Buses'...

"Arfer... Arfer..."

"You great fat lump..."

Don't make them like that any more.

Don't think their allowed to show these comedies in case they offend someone.

Atb j 

2 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Went to Finland with my folks when i was a teen done some fishing and a mad bear watching thing that was decent but i was too young to appreciate it.

A mate of mine is married to a Finnish girl.

He said it's an unreal country if your into nature and field sports.

Atb j 

1 minute ago, sid g said:

got a renault master high top lwb van dont know if i`ll convert that or go for a purpose built camper ... 

Are you considering do the convert your self. It all depends on what you want in there, and have you the time to do it. Also cost is another factor. I'd weigh up all the pros and cons, and take it from there. 

Atb j 

3 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Greyman be interested in it if I can find the pictures. We were in a wee wooden hut thing and they out salmon heads and tails out and the bears came to feed then a lynx popped up in the distance and came in towards the hut.

Sights you will never for get. Europe had some amazing places to go, not the touristy places, but off the beaten track.

Brother in law was over in Slovakia, it was great, unbelievably clean he said  people very friendly and food amazing. 

Atb j 

1 minute ago, socks said:

A month long cattle drive in the mid west of America would be my dream Holliday ....... 

Seen something advertised the other day similar to that. Had the wagons and gear that went with it. That would be something different, and would be great fun and a laugh. 

Atb j 

• Like 1