Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

On 25/02/2020 at 21:10, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Not having it all . 

The famine was an absolute holocaust. 

The idea that somehow bull types would have travelled to the new world in coffin ships is quaint but laughable. 

They would have been eaten. People couldn’t feed their kids and were eating rats and cats in Ireland before the mass exodus , not only to America but to mainland uk predominantly the west coast of Scotland and northern England . 

All the while prosperous settlers from the highly industrialised midlands ,South Wales  London and agricultural areas of the uk moved en mass to America throughout this period. 

Who do you seriously think carried the forebears of the apbt? 

Can’t possibly have been huge swathes of Black Country residents or the cockney gentlemen? 

I mean it’s not like they had dogs that resembled early bull terriers is it? 

Oh , Hang on a minute ....

You are quiet right the starving Irish would have eaten the dog,they ate the rats and cats,even the grass.There is a monument down the docks in Dublin of starving Irish getting the boat to leave,with them is a dog,it's bullshit the dog would be in the pot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, liamdelaney said:

You are quiet right the starving Irish would have eaten the dog,they ate the rats and cats,even the grass.There is a monument down the docks in Dublin of starving Irish getting the boat to leave,with them is a dog,it's bullshit the dog would be in the pot.

Question is Liam,how you keeping by the way, back to question, why were the Irish starving. 

• Like 2

I apologise for starting this hornet's nest.According to records there was a million Irish immigrants to North America in the years leading up to The Great Famine.Most of these were young men in their 20's who came alone.The information I have found generally portrays their terriers in very similar appearance to bull Russell's.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

The almighty did indeed send the blight but the English created the famine. Just do abit of research and another bit more in-depth reading about the famine and you will indeed get your answer. 

Sorry about that old chap 

• Haha 1
Just now, Black neck said:

Oh stop it 😊 heeee heeee

No need ta blush I'm sure your aware while your own country was to busy trying to invade other countries it was itself been invaded look at the state of it now laughing stock of the world. Leaving the E.U abit late for that, damage well and truly done years ago

13 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

No need ta blush I'm sure your aware while your own country was to busy trying to invade other countries it was itself been invaded look at the state of it now laughing stock of the world. Leaving the E.U abit late for that, damage well and truly done years ago

What do u mean my country I'm from india

• Haha 1