Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

9 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Its a combination  of several reasons really.First you need a terrier 12 pounds or smaller.Its usually 100 degrees in my area when you dig groundhog.Poison ivy,chiggers and rattlesnakes are a few more reasons.But if you want to see how tight of a tube a terrier is willing to push through then groundhog is the perfect quarry for this in my opinion.

Can’t comment on groundhog but is surprising we’re a fox will get to. You mostly work to otter? 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

12 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Cracking thread mate .

Thanks Mr Tim

On 27/07/2022 at 14:15, Gypsydog94 said:

Can’t comment on groundhog but is surprising we’re a fox will get to. You mostly work to otter? 

Anywhere a 10 pound groundhog can fit so can a 10 pound fox in my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

This time of year I begin scouting for signs.I look for persimmons and Muscadines.These are the two main wild  fruit that coons eat.The two most important things I look for is otter shit and venomous  snake population.This time of year otter shit will change from fish scales to crawdad shells and claws.When this happens otters generally leave the creeks and go back to the swamps where there is thousands of crawdads.I found the information I needed this morning.First the good news.All crawdads.Screenshot_20220827-082426_Photos.jpg.ea252e30d87a8eba855afb520f536d05.jpg

Now the bad news lol.

Screenshot_20220827-081635_Photos.jpg.1c52bd5db95aa040a79b2d7014effec8.jpg

• Like 6
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Speaking of nutters that mink guy was using a lizard to catch mice on YouTube .

New York Times did an article on him. 

WWW-NYTIMES-COM.CDN.AMPPROJECT.ORG

Joseph Carter, known to his online followers as the Mink Man, trains feisty carnivores to rid...

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
29 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Rick how you doing ? 

Have the crazy storms hit your area ,if so hope you ok buddy ,

Thanks,

We doing ok.We haven't had any snow but freezing cold for our area.Electric company was doing rolling blackouts to conserve electricity.On the plus side all coons have went to ground meaning I don't have to walk very far.Yesterday morning I had a dig it was -15Celsius. That's cold for our area.

Screenshot_20221225-154841_Gallery.jpg.f179c6b5925b479263ec7f26b8f91008.jpg

I recieved an early Christmas present last week that has helped me digging in the cold.If any of y'all dig alone in cold temps I would recommend a pair of these.

20221225_153900.jpg.f76436a254ecdcbb5e8737d0b347a180.jpg

• Like 8
12 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks,

We doing ok.We haven't had any snow but freezing cold for our area.Electric company was doing rolling blackouts to conserve electricity.On the plus side all coons have went to ground meaning I don't have to walk very far.Yesterday morning I had a dig it was -15Celsius. That's cold for this area 

I recieved an early Christmas present last week that has helped me digging in the cold.If any of y'all dig alone in cold temps I would recommend a pair of these.

20221225_153900.jpg.f76436a254ecdcbb5e8737d0b347a180.jpg

Good to hear you ok ,_15 cold but new York got _ 45 so your lucky .

Look forward to hearing about your digs , keep at it 

Mooch 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1