Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

4 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

I'd say the people that kept dogs and brought dogs across with them were wealthy to begin with,there was plenty of wealth about those times too.

100% 

what I was trying get at was when people say the starving imagrants took them , more like the more wealthy prospector type people looking for new start in promised land 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

It snowed in parts of Dixie.These are the type of conditions I wanted the bag for.

After working a muddy set and crossing beaver ponds my terrier on the ground was muddy and soaked to the bone.

Screenshot_20210111-160609.png.cbb60f10b03653138e0710a5e6b14db9.png

I released the fresh dry terrier and put the cold wet one in the bag which was already good and warm.It worked like a charm ?

• Like 15
15 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

It snowed in parts of Dixie.These are the type of conditions I wanted the bag for.

After working a muddy set and crossing beaver ponds my terrier on the ground was muddy and soaked to the bone.

I released the fresh dry terrier and put the cold wet one in the bag which was already good and warm.It worked like a charm ?

And I guess the moral of the story is "We can all learn something from the actions of others..... just because they're doing it it different, it doesn't mean that they're doing it wrong".  And I can remember Old Bert Gripton saying something very similar to me some 40+ years back, in fact almost word for word (just not quite as polished ?).

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Well done mate ,did u manage keep the gonads separate from the goozle this time 

• 4 weeks later...

About 7 or 8 years ago I made a repeat breeding.There was a severely undershot bitch pup who was no bigger than a grasshopper.By 4 weeks of age her litter mates were all using her as a chew toy as she was still mouse size.I put the little pup on another bitch with a younger litter.The little pup was still runty.I tried to gift her to a few friends who dig groundhog and need small ones.They didn't want this ugly undershot runt.So I kept her thinking I could use her for groundhog or muskrat.She grew up to about 13 lbs when fat.I entered her to coon and she did well.Within a few seasons I quickly realized she was the best of the litter.She did so well it made the rest of the litter look mediocre.I wondered if this little runt could be dug on otter.In her third season she was tried and did well.As a matter of fact she loved it! She has around six seasons under her belt now and has only improved with age.I have posted pictures of her on here before.This little bitch taught me a valuable lesson.You can't judge a book by its cover.

Screenshot_20210204-212008.png.4ad4014139673f1bd2c87f120d8dd564.png

• Like 13
11 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

About 7 or 8 years ago I made a repeat breeding.There was a severely undershot bitch pup who was no bigger than a grasshopper.By 4 weeks of age her litter mates were all using her as a chew toy as she was still mouse size.I put the little pup on another bitch with a younger litter.The little pup was still runty.I tried to gift her to a few friends who dig groundhog and need small ones.They didn't want this ugly undershot runt.So I kept her thinking I could use her for groundhog or muskrat.She grew up to about 13 lbs when fat.I entered her to coon and she did well.Within a few seasons I quickly realized she was the best of the litter.She did so well it made the rest of the litter look mediocre.I wondered if this little runt could be dug on otter.In her third season she was tried and did well.As a matter of fact she loved it! She has around six seasons under her belt now and has only improved with age.I have posted pictures of her on here before.This little bitch taught me a valuable lesson.You can't judge a book by its cover.

A good little un will always beat a good biggun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Could off doing with a tiny runt yesterday myself with hounds. Was like a mouse hole they marked lol 

nice little terrier pal ??

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

In the swamps I can use a larger terrier.But when it comes to pest control in my area you need a little one.Took a small bitch an hour of pushing to reach this possum.She entered from the other side of pile.Shes in the picture if you can find her.?

Screenshot_20210208-161341.png.5a902b3b0b0d315f2d0000a0b888c3cd.png

Good going fella, I bet that was horrible digging 

• Like 2
On 08/02/2021 at 23:46, Rickshaw swami said:

In the swamps I can use a larger terrier.But when it comes to pest control in my area you need a little one.Took a small bitch an hour of pushing to reach this possum.She entered from the other side of pile.Shes in the picture if you can find her.?

Screenshot_20210208-161341.png.5a902b3b0b0d315f2d0000a0b888c3cd.png

see the roe sacks doing its job....crackin pic mate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1