Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

19 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I took another 15 month old pup out for his first time in the swamp.Watching a young terrier who has seen nothing,enter the earth ,simply because his DNA tells him too, amazes me every time.

Just a possum dug shallow but the pup did what he should.

Screenshot_20210108-150757.png.001837d0d71e4a18c61b150aeb915a3e.png

Few pics from today 

I hope y'all enjoy this one.I nearly lost a hand trying to take the picture?  Roughly 50 lb beaver .

Screenshot_20210108-150808.png.a7765aa166191b7beaa650fbb7e61a8f.pngScreenshot_20210108-150821.png.52959369b6cc7a716d7af813c9605cc3.png

Do you tail em or scruff em when they still alive swami? ? Bet they got some strength? I was very surprised when I got the chance to handle a dog otter that was injured by a car.... Picked it up, thinking it was dead, opened up the terrier box and the little f****r came around?strong as f**k tbf.. I got him to the vets for a check up... They gave me a big pair of welders gauntlets to get him back out the box... Was not a happy chappie? f***ing stink too... Took weeks for the smell to go?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Do you tail em or scruff em when they still alive swami? ? Bet they got some strength? I was very surprised when I got the chance to handle a dog otter that was injured by a car.... Picked it up, thinking it was dead, opened up the terrier box and the little f****r came around?strong as f**k tbf.. I got him to the vets for a check up... They gave me a big pair of welders gauntlets to get him back out the box... Was not a happy chappie? f***ing stink too... Took weeks for the smell to go?

In my opinion an otter is stronger and more dangerous than six foot gator and I have wrestled both and both smell about as bad? 

Beaver are not as strong as otter of same size but beaver get bigger.I don't tail beaver or scruff.I leg em.Their backlegs are the most vulnerable spot in my opinion.If you grab his tail he will shake you all over and can bite you.If you can get a back leg you have got him much same as wild hog.Just keep it lifted high and let his head barely touch.A beavers front legs are similar to a T-Rex arms.

Make no mistake though anything that does get in a beavers mouth will be cut off.

Screenshot_20210109-181440.png.2ec41002332515e6d475fa4a133a4713.png

This a beaver from last season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20210109-174256.png.12f6fb3d39db926142eb6b4fa7ab6002.png

My bag showed up early and I immediately give it a try.Thanks Mr Barrie.

It will be put to good use next week.

My pleasure mate.... fingers crossed that it does the trick and meets your needs ?

• Like 4

Never really understood the statement of “ the English Irish brought over the bull and terrier crosses in the time of the great famine “ 

so thousands of people rammed on a bout trailing thousands of miles across an ocean from a land where everyone was that  hungry there children died in there arms due to lack of food sat there with there dog ,

bullshit that dog would bin dinner strait away , 

cant feed there kids but coulD  feed gr ch sox enough food to cross to America lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Elchapo said:

Never really understood the statement of “ the English Irish brought over the bull and terrier crosses in the time of the great famine “ 

so thousands of people rammed on a bout trailing thousands of miles across an ocean from a land where everyone was that  hungry there children died in there arms due to lack of food sat there with there dog ,

cant feed there kids but coulD  feed gr ch sox enough food to cross to America lol 

What about the sailors on the boats would they of been able to take a dog with them? Maybe worth a few quid when they got there and entertainment for the journey. 

Just thinking out loud. ??

• Like 1
15 hours ago, dogmandont said:

What about the sailors on the boats would they of been able to take a dog with them? Maybe worth a few quid when they got there and entertainment for the journey. 

Just thinking out loud. ??

Think the people buying them probably gave real good money for a couple got the hooks set for others obviously once theyve made the journey they aint taking it back with em are they. Even the hardest of times people still seem to prize there animals

• Like 2
20 hours ago, Elchapo said:

I'd say the people that kept dogs and brought dogs across with them were wealthy to begin with,there was plenty of wealth about those times too.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hatch28 said:

I'd say the people that kept dogs and brought dogs across with them were wealthy to begin with,there was plenty of wealth about those times too.

Thats my thinking on it as well, it wasn't only poor starving immigrants that made the crossing. 

• Like 2