Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Why only sept mate? Jist bein nosey ? great job for the young dog, onwards am upwards now ?

we call a ferret a polecat, obviously we have the wild polecat that is the original ferret, but there’s not as many in wild as folk will say, lots feral ferrets here tho, but even the crosses between them an any ferret that’s dark with a mask will get called a polecat? By sound of it if I was over there I’d be called them skunks cnuts not polecats ?

Our deer season opens in October.In this certain swamp they close coon hunting during deer season.This is basically the only swamp that closes coon hunting.The reason behind it is to protect some type of endangered bird.Thats the government for you ?

The government thinks dogs will disturb these birds.Truth is coons are overpopulated in this swamp because of this.They are everywhere and definitely eat birds and eggs.As far as I'm concerned I hope the coons eat every last one of them.In this same swamp they are also overpopulated with otter and bobcat but no legal way to hunt them.So in conclusion the government protects all the predators in order to save the birds ?Governments are better at destroying nature than the wildest cowboy diggers.

When your digging to a skunk you will think of several names to call him in between vomiting ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
On 02/02/2020 at 07:27, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200202-071518.png.9d12cf28b685fd9c901675a39e49b0ef.png

Mr robbusher I have thought all night about your question and I would to change my answer the scariest thing that I  encounter is hunting this swamp.Im only allowed to coon hunt it in September.I kill more poison cottonmouth snakes here than anywhere.There is roughly 100 alligators scattered across 10000 acres.They are generally shy.And if I shot one the government would shoot me.So in this swamp I use my smallest terrier who is easy to tote and swinging a shovel with my right.Is there anyway to build a terrier backpack it would really help if y'all have any suggestions Thanks

On 02/02/2020 at 08:38, W. Katchum said:

Fcuk knows how this planet can hold 2 of your bollocks ? I wouldn’t hunt within a 100 mile a that swamp? you mate are mental ?

This the same swamp.Us rednecks renamed it Katchums 2 bollocks.

Has a nice native American Indian ring to it ?

All jokes aside it's a scary dark place digging alone.I installed a tracker on my cell phone so hopefully my wife can find me when something happens.I dont enjoy it matter of fact it scares the shit out of me but the terriers need digging.If I had good normal digging I would never step foot in those pits of hell ever again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

IMG_20200926_212610713.jpg.a384f3ac5e541d073240b965af33c088.jpg

I spent the evening building me a spear that also is a walking stick.In my state it's legal to use spear for fox,beaver,groundhog,coyote and wild hogs.I hope to incorporate this tool with my pack.Does anyone have experience spear chunking with terriers? 

More of a European thing tbf..... 

• Thanks 1
On 27/09/2020 at 05:37, Rickshaw swami said:

IMG_20200926_212610713.jpg.a384f3ac5e541d073240b965af33c088.jpg

I spent the evening building me a spear that also is a walking stick.In my state it's legal to use spear for fox,beaver,groundhog,coyote and wild hogs.I hope to incorporate this tool with my pack.Does anyone have experience spear chunking with terriers? 

Mind the dogs ffs

• Haha 1