Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

My personal opinion is that a small ugly terrier stepped off Noah's ark and started kicking ass and they been doing it ever since. There has been different shepherds but the same flock.I can't prove this.In my opinion they defy evolution.

12 minutes ago, 1of1 said:

The American pit bull is not the same dog that they brought over.... and they are FAR SUPERIOR. Not trying to argue just wanted to state the unequivocal FACT

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Rickshaw swami said:

My personal opinion is that a small ugly terrier stepped off Noah's ark and started kicking ass and they been doing it ever since. There has been different shepherds but the same flock.I can't prove this.In my opinion they defy evolution.

Fair enough. ? i just think the American pit bull terrier is something Americans can be proud of. The dogs improved Immensely after we made them ours. The American pit bull terrier is part of American history..... no doubt Ireland and the UK played an important role. No doubt even to this day as we see with the terriers Ireland and the UK have high quality dogs. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT FROM THEM. But the American pit bull terrier the dog of the quality we’ve come to know was born here in the states

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, 1of1 said:

Fair enough. ? i just think the American pit bull terrier is something Americans can be proud of. The dogs improved Immensely after we made them ours. The American pit bull terrier is part of American history..... no doubt Ireland and the UK played an important role. No doubt even to this day as we see with the terriers Ireland and the UK have high quality dogs. NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT FROM THEM. But the American pit bull terrier the dog of the quality we’ve come to know was born here in the states

Oh that's bs maaaan 

Right here is my theory . 

I reckon the American pit bull terrier is the frontier cousin of the dogs that were hewn in the industrial centres of the midlands , London , Glasgow and Edinburgh . The bred down version of what would be called an alaunt type these days for bulls etc or the bred up type of the bull and terrier

Why ? 

As the Scots played a massive part in the evolution of the the United States at the time and the huge industries of pottery , brick making and the railways were all centred in the larger uk conurbations. 

Here are unequivocal facts. 

The shortest and therefore cheapest crossing between anywhere on mainland Ireland was between the north east of ulster and the south west region of Scotland . 

In Scotland Irish were met with persecution and would have followed an itinerant type passage to the source of employment without fear Of persecution. The nearest place that offered that in large numbers was north east England . The modern day tyne tees area. 

If you look at that route , the modern day A75 \ A69 area and look at the dogs that developed along that way , the border , the dandie dinmont , the rothbury, the Lakeland , the bedlington , most have a mongrelly mobile terrier stamp to them.

They will be the types thatvthe Irish travelled with during the era around the famine as they look like the glens / Wheaton’s etc. 

Where are the bull terrier types there ? 

We can conjecture all we want but to state that the average poor Irish immigrant was responsible for the apbt carriage into the new world , that they are the dog of the “wrong un” in society is a romantic notion . 

Very very wealthy English people had bull ratting types. They were so popular it lead to the rise of the English bull terrier as a fashionable dog to own amongst the burgeoning middle class. A watered down version of the dogs from the sand circles. 

Id say evidence heavily indicates a very limited input from dogs brought over to the east coast of America from Ireland being the sole ancestor of the  a p b t 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
On 27/02/2020 at 22:14, howdeeposxxt said:

The almighty did indeed send the blight but the English created the famine. Just do abit of research and another bit more in-depth reading about the famine and you will indeed get your answer. 

Do your research pal.. the Irish were growing only one type of potato. When GOD sent the blight (as you say) it was, unfortunately, the lack of variety that made it so terrible... the fault of the British is they stood back and acted like cnuts, when they had a chance to bring our irish brothers and sisters onboard!

Edited by mushroom
29 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Right here is my theory . 

I reckon the American pit bull terrier is the frontier cousin of the dogs that were hewn in the industrial centres of the midlands , London , Glasgow and Edinburgh . The bred down version of what would be called an alaunt type these days for bulls etc or the bred up type of the bull and terrier

Why ? 

As the Scots played a massive part in the evolution of the the United States at the time and the huge industries of pottery , brick making and the railways were all centred in the larger uk conurbations. 

Here are unequivocal facts. 

The shortest and therefore cheapest crossing between anywhere on mainland Ireland was between the north east of ulster and the south west region of Scotland . 

In Scotland Irish were met with persecution and would have followed an itinerant type passage to the source of employment without fear Of persecution. The nearest place that offered that in large numbers was north east England . The modern day tyne tees area. 

If you look at that route , the modern day A75 \ A69 area and look at the dogs that developed along that way , the border , the dandie dinmont , the rothbury, the Lakeland , the bedlington , most have a mongrelly mobile terrier stamp to them.

They will be the types thatvthe Irish travelled with during the era around the famine as they look like the glens / Wheaton’s etc. 

Where are the bull terrier types there ? 

We can conjecture all we want but to state that the average poor Irish immigrant was responsible for the apbt carriage into the new world , that they are the dog of the “wrong un” in society is a romantic notion . 

Very very wealthy English people had bull ratting types. They were so popular it lead to the rise of the English bull terrier as a fashionable dog to own amongst the burgeoning middle class. A watered down version of the dogs from the sand circles. 

Id say evidence heavily indicates a very limited input from dogs brought over to the east coast of America from Ireland being the sole ancestor of the  a p b t 

I agree with everything you said. I love to read your comments. Good to see a man that has invested in his knowledge sir But if you were to continue into history dating 1980’s and on one unequivocal fact  is The dogs evolved changed and improved after being bred here on American soil a basic example that any man that can see color would be no longer do you see many predominantly white dogs on real dog men’s yards as you would back then. They dogs are not what they used to be they are better. 

• Like 2

I totally agree , I am firmly if the opinion of the opinion that the dog that most heavily influenced the a p b t was old John Bull himself , the British bulldog .

I believe that it’s importation to the new world allowed it to flourish and become what It did and the ones that stayed were one way or another subjected to the worst form of canine cosmetic selection.

Just a thought , but I think it makes the most sense in that advise that the most likely truth is usually the truth  

C774CBF3-39BA-4AC7-B9DA-F1B091D8982E.jpeg

989055DE-A64D-4428-BAE9-5A720DA5933D.jpeg

4348108D-AC8D-4C76-957F-1526A2AA1FC0.jpeg

Screenshot_20200229_182205_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.e966b10f4bec34650b9634da4a491f26.jpg

1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Do your research pal.. the Irish were growing only one type of potato. When GOD sent the blight (as you say) it was, unfortunately, the lack of variety that made it so terrible... the fault of the British is they stood back and acted like cnuts, when they had a chance to bring our irish brothers and sisters onboard!

If it all came down to just the faithful auld spud your away with the fairies Mo Chara it's a bigger picture than that and c**ts would be putting it very lightly I ain't going to argue over this it's hurtful enough to think some are so in denial about that whole period. Any way Ireland now has plenty a spuds and the English dont rule my part. I'll be planting me spuds before Paddy's day so if you could tell me the variety which won't go blith I'll take it on board if you could research which type for me .

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
18 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Screenshot_20200229_182205_com.android.gallery3d.jpg.e966b10f4bec34650b9634da4a491f26.jpg

If it all came down to just the faithful auld spud your away with the fairies Mo Chara it's a bigger picture than that and c**ts would be putting it very lightly I ain't going to argue over this it's hurtful enough to think some are so in denial about that whole period. Any way Ireland now has plenty a spuds and the English dont rule my part. I'll be planting me spuds before Paddy's day so if you could tell me the variety which won't go blith I'll take it on board if you could research which type for me .

Like I said the British gov had their chance... ?‍♂️

Do you not think a reliance on one type of crop is a bad idea and no ones fault but the person growing the crop? For example they have never had a famine in south America due to potato blight because they grow different varieties, thousands actually.

• Sad 1
Just now, mushroom said:

Like I said the British gov had their chance... ?‍♂️

Do you not think a reliance on one type of crop is a bad idea and no ones fault but the person growing the crop? For example they have never had a famine in south America due to potato blight because they grow different varieties, thousands actually.

Omg??????

• Sad 1

my take on terriers and the bull breeds is they are British , the Brittonic  people of the west of the country known as the uk ,Devon Cornwall Wales and Cumbria , as far back as roman times the British were famed for  bullmastiff types , then all the terriers breeds famed as workers at some point come from what is called Celtic Britain I wont bore you with a list but from badger digging to fox killing , then the early pit dogs hundreds of welsh moved to the English midlands , (many of whose  desendants return to the midlands of wales to this day on holiday a tradition which first started as the first workers return to see parents and grandparents) during the industrial revolution taking with them there terriers  these mixed with bulldog blood produced the first pits , depending on how they were then bred depended on size more bulldog or the bulldog greyhound crosses popular at the time produced larger animals , any that made to the USA or Canada did so with money people , then during world war one US troops bought and took back some of the finest English pit dogs  money could buy , this was repeated after the second world war and is well documented as far as terriers in Ireland many crossed over from Britain to Ireland about the same time a good friend of mines grt grt grandfather of the surname Case tells me 3 brothers came over to dig the canal from midlands to Llangollen ,  two returned , those returning took back dogs and horses to sell , the Irish working terriers of what ever color came from the UK ,

Edited by Glyn.....
  • Like 3
38 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Why are u still pissed off at the English about it no body what's alive today played any part init I dont go on at the Roman's 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Why are u still pissed off at the English about it no body what's alive today played any part init I dont go on at the Roman's 

Ahhhh... Ffs where did I say that I was always referring to the past. Coming give me a break I'm not anti English atall atall. I'm f***ing married to one.