Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, BrandonDGPT said:

You took our american Pittbull culls, and made every working breed you have over there better, then deny it and call us fools lol, no need to insult people as if you no every person, gets old man nothing but insults from alot of you fellas, when we have the upmost respect for those who put in the time amd work making these terriers 

There were very good working terriers in the north of England long before the far modern import of the apbt 

keep believing what you want though 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Cause they were . 

Cause they had all the time and ability in coffin ships to maintain a well bred fighting dog on the ships and in abject poverty upon arrival and for the time prior to emigrating . 

Peddle your fiction elsewhere 

They didn't breed the apbt from wolves though Stiff...:thumbs:..

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I don't know anyone stupid enough to breed a APBT into a decent working terrier,  wtf would they bring to the table  ?

It's usually added in America because some British terrierman said they look like whippets.

31 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

No they didn’t but the bull terrier arrived there through trade and the opening of the west , not the famine diaspora . 

Do some research first off in the west they was still getting scalped by Indians then they ate the dogs, When you research as far back as you can it will mostly be in New England.Which is the Eastern coast.Boston area has alot of info.Which coincidentally has the highest Irish population.

• Haha 3

You mean Boston as in after Boston lincs in England ? 

or New York As In after York , Yorkshire , England ? 

the east coast was full of English immigrants also before the potato famine , do you not think that well to do English people would not have taken over bull and terrier types as they settled in comfort rather than this romantic notion you have of penniless John paul mcguigan Landing In Charlestown harbour fresh from the horrors of famine with nothing else other than GR champ Donegal Tyson for company ? 

Behave 

• Haha 1

Not having it all . 

The famine was an absolute holocaust. 

The idea that somehow bull types would have travelled to the new world in coffin ships is quaint but laughable. 

They would have been eaten. People couldn’t feed their kids and were eating rats and cats in Ireland before the mass exodus , not only to America but to mainland uk predominantly the west coast of Scotland and northern England . 

All the while prosperous settlers from the highly industrialised midlands ,South Wales  London and agricultural areas of the uk moved en mass to America throughout this period. 

Who do you seriously think carried the forebears of the apbt? 

Can’t possibly have been huge swathes of Black Country residents or the cockney gentlemen? 

I mean it’s not like they had dogs that resembled early bull terriers is it? 

Oh , Hang on a minute ....

On 26/01/2020 at 12:17, Rickshaw swami said:

The river bottoms I hunt are public hunting land.Its mostly used by duck hunters and coonhound men.Its hard to get private land permission as rich men pay big money to deer hunt.Our rivers are controlled by dams.They lower the river level 5 feet in winter so most sets are surrounded by mud.But the river is always close by.With a $20 hunting license I have access to over a 1000 miles of river bank.When the river is low I can use Google Earth to find good spots.

Screenshot_20200126-060727.png

Wish I could give £20 for 1000 miles lucky man ??

• Like 1