Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

Aaaand bolllocks to that ?

• Like 1

Tyla I did not get the quarry.This set has 14 exits.3 of which was underwater as the creek was a foot higher than it should of been.Since creeks are rising I'm headed to do pest control in a woodpile today.Luckily it's even colder and this place has no cottonmouths.Mr Barrie thank you for your comments.You have given an accurate description of dog hunters here.Some of these friendly chats over breakfast have helped me with my chosen quarry.I also receive points of interest from upset fishermen.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i remember reading it in one of plummers books   how did the hybrids work ? Plummer used Nuttalls after Hinchcliffe’s jacked terrier work although Hinchcliffe’s terriers carried s lot  of blood of Brian's via K.Powers Flint also known as Pennine Flint  I just cant remember the names of the Nuttall studs used I know it was mid to  late 80's and wasn't Micky 

Your knowledge of these terriers is truly amazing, always enjoy getting to hear from you sir and your dealings with these dog I only no from pedigrees 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, BrandonDGPT said:

Your knowledge of these terriers is truly amazing, always enjoy getting to hear from you sir and your dealings with these dog I only no from pedigrees 

All you need to know is no one who seriously works terriers to ground works the shit 

Screenshot_20200223-080845.png.2006f02b74e8f3544df23726be284dea.pngDoing some pest control.14 lb bitch was entered here. there was fresh fox shit where she's standing.after an hour of running laps inside she began to settle.At this point the Redbox started jumping everywhere.I have not had this to happen in similar situations.There is no metal in there.I spent another hour crawling around trying to figure it out as box was fluctuating over a 5 foot range.8-13ft.The directional arrow lights were flashing everywhere no matter where I moved. they began to move and box started working right once they got away from this area.They were getting close the side so I looked over the edge and saw an orange flash.i slid down and grabbed the bitch as she passed by.She doesn't have a mark on her but was exhausted.Has anyone had their locator to do this?I could use some help as I got lucky.Could the density of a giant log do this?I placed the collar under a few logs and it read steady.Any help please.

P.S. 

Their was heavy equipment right behind terrier.I have been out past 3 days.Had a terrier drug in creek by beaver and got kissed for her trouble bolted otter killed 2 snakes and another terrier who looks likes she ran across the Mojave desert No quarry taken.All Americans ain't living the dream.Thats them Northern boys.

• Like 4

I've had the pieps and the red box fluctuate on plenty of digs, you can hear the terrier ticking away and yet the reading goes up and down by meters.  No idea why it happens,  you'd only get filled with their standard BS excuses if you contacted them anyway.  The best you can do is to treat it as just a part of your arsenal in locating your terrier,  I wouldn't be without one but I've been frustrated hundreds of times with them

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 5

If you rotate the collar through 90 degrees the reading will change by as much as 50%. To read right the collar has to be 'pointing' at the box.

I'm not saying it wasn't but if the dog was rolling and twisting a lot it'll cause the reading on the box to change significantly. Just a thought....

• Like 4

Thanks y'all for the advice.There is some spots inside there that a grown man could fit so the terrier could have easily been spinning around.I drove a wrecking bar down and had a listen.I heard a bark or two but nothing else.Fox has left so I probably will not be back there for a year.It was a definite blow to my confidence in these electronics.Headed back to the swamps today.   "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Thanks y'all for the advice.There is some spots inside there that a grown man could fit so the terrier could have easily been spinning around.I drove a wrecking bar down and had a listen.I heard a bark or two but nothing else.Fox has left so I probably will not be back there for a year.It was a definite blow to my confidence in these electronics.Headed back to the swamps today.   "If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"

Cool profile pic ???

On 18/02/2020 at 14:17, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Oh dear . 

I cant be arsed reading 60 pages of screaming hysterical yank dossers. But I can imagine it’s descended into the usual arse clowns nonsense of “look how strong I am “ pics and dozens of dogs next to dead ferrets. 

What an absolute shambles that lads allowed patterdales to be shipped to those fools. 

What an insult to the dogs hewn through hard work on the welsh valleys and the fells that they share the fate of being the descendants of such actors in a tragi comedy of a turn out .  

What a shambles 

You took our american Pittbull culls, and made every working breed you have over there better, then deny it and call us fools lol, no need to insult people as if you no every person, gets old man nothing but insults from alot of you fellas, when we have the upmost respect for those who put in the time amd work making these terriers 

Edited by BrandonDGPT
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2