Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

On 18/02/2020 at 16:16, Glyn..... said:

Brian Plummer or people breeding the early plummers used Brian Nuttalls stud dogs 1980's I think ,  afew of the pups looked just like the Breay Rusty Type weather Brian Nuttall took any for stud fee  I cant say for certain but it was about the same time reds appeared again in Brian's Kennell , Simon's Sire side won't have any white blood for at least 8 gens , but there is a line back fo R.Westmoorlands Slim and  Biddie , Breay bred stuff that was know to throw some white dogs I think Bert Gripton made use of these white throwbacks in his kennell 

Vin..JPG.328810851abd4caaa77f711a1825bd0d.JPGmy plummer lines

On 18/02/2020 at 16:16, Glyn..... said:

Brian Plummer or people breeding the early plummers used Brian Nuttalls stud dogs 1980's I think ,  afew of the pups looked just like the Breay Rusty Type weather Brian Nuttall took any for stud fee  I cant say for certain but it was about the same time reds appeared again in Brian's Kennell , Simon's Sire side won't have any white blood for at least 8 gens , but there is a line back fo R.Westmoorlands Slim and  Biddie , Breay bred stuff that was know to throw some white dogs I think Bert Gripton made use of these white throwbacks in his kennell 

Spot on date wise Glyn, the dog in the photo I had in 1980 or 81, he was a quarter patterdale but Nigel Hinchcliffe’s stuff not nuttall.He was bred by Plummer and given to me direct off him.

D3E45073-D47C-44DD-A2FF-060C17711F04.jpeg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, mango said:

Spot on date wise Glyn, the dog in the photo I had in 1980 or 81, he was a quarter patterdale but Nigel Hinchcliffe’s stuff not nuttall.He was bred by Plummer and given to me direct off him.

D3E45073-D47C-44DD-A2FF-060C17711F04.jpeg

i remember reading it in one of plummers books   how did the hybrids work ? Plummer used Nuttalls after Hinchcliffe’s jacked terrier work although Hinchcliffe’s terriers carried s lot  of blood of Brian's via K.Powers Flint also known as Pennine Flint  I just cant remember the names of the Nuttall studs used I know it was mid to  late 80's and wasn't Micky 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Glyn..... said:

I think all of the Nuttall blood was added a good decade before legions kennell buf I cant read your peds eyes are f****d these days 

It was the Legion kennel that done the last bull out cross and no black dogs are on that ped...

• Like 2

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, Glyn..... said:

i remember reading it in one of plummers books   how did the hybrids work ? Plummer used Nuttalls after Hinchcliffe’s jacked terrier work although Hinchcliffe’s terriers carried s lot  of blood of Brian's via K.Powers Flint also known as Pennine Flint  I just cant remember the names of the Nuttall studs used I know it was mid to  late 80's and wasn't Micky 

I think it was jaeger Brian used.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Screenshot_20200220-220852.png.8a15ae6a1b9b3109a59004064c52dbf8.png

It snowed in Dixie this morning.Thats about as rare as a hermaphrodite Bigfoot.I got my work done midmorning and was headed digging about the time the snow changed to rain.I loaded up a small bitch.I walked a few miles down river bank to the mouth of a creek where I have consistently encountered otter.

Screenshot_20200220-220842.png.3c18bdf480a0464533794f214b52f797.png

This set runs parallel with creek roughly 400 ft.In order to track terrier I stand in the middle of set.I was waiting for terrier to settle.As I was standing there just enjoying nature I felt something under my foot.I screamed and jumped when I looked down.

Screenshot_20200220-220214.png.c2d002c4ad17e91e75348aee607e7e83.png

2 poisonous cottonmouths.They could barely move in the cold.As I was gaining my composure the otter bolted.If any UK gentlemen enjoy walking miles crossing dangerous creeks and messing up your underwear then I know the perfect place.

Question is ..... did you catch your quarry???

Keep the stories coming. If I ever get the chance i may come see for myself!

• Like 2