Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

3 hours ago, tinytiger said:

Do you think she (Anne busty) had jack Russell somewhere in her? Seems to be quite a few Russell coloured descendants of her.

Brian Plummer or people breeding the early plummers used Brian Nuttalls stud dogs 1980's I think ,  afew of the pups looked just like the Breay Rusty Type weather Brian Nuttall took any for stud fee  I cant say for certain but it was about the same time reds appeared again in Brian's Kennell , Simon's Sire side won't have any white blood for at least 8 gens , but there is a line back fo R.Westmoorlands Slim and  Biddie , Breay bred stuff that was know to throw some white dogs I think Bert Gripton made use of these white throwbacks in his kennell 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

I was sent a white bitch who I tested thoroughly.She had the jacket of a Lakeland and a top knot like a beddie.She was very close to perfect in my eyes and I tried everything to prove my blackens was better.She would not try for dispatch she would catch the quarry with her mouth to neutralize it and would bark out of the side of her mouth.At 10 year old I bred her to my foundation male.The best otter Hunter I have ever seen came from this and the ugliest.

IMG_20191219_132145809.jpg.b6e4adabb65b90b2fca10e4b2e47ee68.jpg

This bitch is about to finish her fifth season.She has 3 layers to her jacket which is useful in rivers in winter.She is the best Terrier I have ever seen on otter.I have never seen a perfect terrier but she is getting close.I have never bred her but have considered adding her to my family as she is half mates to my current stud.Has anyone here had personal experience adding these type back to their family of black dogs.I do not want to be blinded by hybrid vigour.

• Like 2

If the rest of your breeding is coming  right mate or there abouts you’d be a fool to incorporate an unknown and potentially get the dreaded kennel blindness from one mating .Take her for what she is an enjoy but unless you can trace a decent line that goes back to your root stock I’d not bother personally .Others will have different ideas no doubt .

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

I was sent a white bitch who I tested thoroughly.She had the jacket of a Lakeland and a top knot like a beddie.She was very close to perfect in my eyes and I tried everything to prove my blackens was better.She would not try for dispatch she would catch the quarry with her mouth to neutralize it and would bark out of the side of her mouth.At 10 year old I bred her to my foundation male.The best otter Hunter I have ever seen came from this and the ugliest.

IMG_20191219_132145809.jpg.b6e4adabb65b90b2fca10e4b2e47ee68.jpg

This bitch is about to finish her fifth season.She has 3 layers to her jacket which is useful in rivers in winter.She is the best Terrier I have ever seen on otter.I have never seen a perfect terrier but she is getting close.I have never bred her but have considered adding her to my family as she is half mates to my current stud.Has anyone here had personal experience adding these type back to their family of black dogs.I do not want to be blinded by hybrid vigour.

So she is half sister to your main stud?

I do breedings like that with success.. but, I prefer them having the same sire and different dams if I'm doing half brother half sister breedings. 

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

If the rest of your breeding is coming  right mate or there abouts you’d be a fool to incorporate an unknown and potentially get the dreaded kennel blindness from one mating .Take her for what she is an enjoy but unless you can trace a decent line that goes back to your root stock I’d not bother personally .Others will have different ideas no doubt .

My dad a retired jag man told me the same thing. I asked this question on y'all's side hoping for different opinion.?

14 minutes ago, Jambalaya said:

So she is half sister to your main stud?

I do breedings like that with success.. but, I prefer them having the same sire and different dams if I'm doing half brother half sister breedings. 

All my terriers are from one stud.What I refer to as my family was from breeding stud to mother then best daughter to him took male from this and bred to his mother ECT ECT 

19 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

His other stuff can't be that right seeing as that is his best ever terrier and as every one has always said Breed best to best and sod what they look like, if i was him i'd be breeding off my best bitch rather than a lesser bitch no matter how smart or to type she was..

Just saying and take it how you want to..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

My dad a retired jag man told me the same thing. I asked this question on y'all's side hoping for different opinion.?

All my terriers are from one stud.What I refer to as my family was from breeding stud to mother then best daughter to him took male from this and bred to his mother ECT ECT 

You can only breed like that so long before they start coming defective from lack of new blood.. or if I'm reading what you posted correctly..

48 minutes ago, fireman said:

His other stuff can't be that right seeing as that is his best ever terrier and as every one has always said Breed best to best and sod what they look like, if i was him i'd be breeding off my best bitch rather than a lesser bitch no matter how smart or to type she was..

Just saying and take it how you want to..

Good to hear from someone who has been there and done it .Respect mate .What line do you keep again ? 
Best dog or bitch means nothing if the breedings not there Stevo .

Oh dear . 

I cant be arsed reading 60 pages of screaming hysterical yank dossers. But I can imagine it’s descended into the usual arse clowns nonsense of “look how strong I am “ pics and dozens of dogs next to dead ferrets. 

What an absolute shambles that lads allowed patterdales to be shipped to those fools. 

What an insult to the dogs hewn through hard work on the welsh valleys and the fells that they share the fate of being the descendants of such actors in a tragi comedy of a turn out .  

What a shambles 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Good to hear from someone who has been there and done it .Respect mate .What line do you keep again ? 
Best dog or bitch means nothing if the breedings not there Stevo .

There could be all the breeding in the world behind a dog but that don't make it certain to be a good un..

Tell me again what line do you keep all knowing one  ??,oh yeah you mixed other folks stuff and called it your own..... :rolleyes: :laugh:...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Oh dear . 

I cant be arsed reading 60 pages of screaming hysterical yank dossers. But I can imagine it’s descended into the usual arse clowns nonsense of “look how strong I am “ pics and dozens of dogs next to dead ferrets. 

What an absolute shambles that lads allowed patterdales to be shipped to those fools. 

What an insult to the dogs hewn through hard work on the welsh valleys and the fells that they share the fate of being the descendants of such actors in a tragi comedy of a turn out .  

What a shambles 

No this time it's the English hysterical dossers 

9 minutes ago, Black neck said:

No this time it's the English hysterical dossers 

He can call me anything he wants,call my old dead terrier out in a snide way and he'll get replied to in the contempt it deserves.. But anyway back to peds,HOF dogs and coons...:victory:

23 minutes ago, fireman said:

He can call me anything he wants,call my old dead terrier out in a snide way and he'll get replied to in the contempt it deserves.. But anyway back to peds,HOF dogs and coons...:victory:

Yeah I'm not really a fan a  of folks calling out old dead terriers in snide ways but I have 2 stay impartial in my line of work 

• Haha 2