Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

1 hour ago, baker boy said:

So worthless except to increase the $$$$$$$s on the pups

I've never realy heard anyone mention the hof dogs to much, besides there working ability or producing ability but yes could be used for that, but I guess is more so the same as bulldogs showing gr ch, just recognition in the ped of a true worker, again take it with a grain of salt, if somebody really wanted to put there dogs in there and lie enough I'm sure they could to use it for cash, 1 kennels dogs I have been curious if they deserved it or not, but all the rest i think are legitimate, 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, SheepChaser said:

Here’s a question for you lads - with regard to your hunting seasons etc. When is the best time of year to be a hunting man in your country? 

Spring and summer, winter is mainly coon for barn hunting, they go in the barns to escape the cold,

• Like 1

Barn hunting is good fun, plenty of numbers if that's what you're after depending on weather and area.  

Some of the barns I hunted were huge, the old hay had been there for generations by the look of it, it turned to dust once you moved it about.  Some of the runs inside the barns were as good as a decent fox earth in the UK, I filled my boots and then some.

P1220769-1.jpg

• Like 7

We were using bay and mix and straight out bayers, both as good as each other,  very similar to a fox, just more claws and more nimble. 

The mixers were heavily marked up, don't be fooled by the "easy title" , they can give plenty out especially in the numbers you find them in.

Edited by dillydog
  • Like 4
14 hours ago, Waz said:

I dont know why gone digging has been added to the names. Only about 5 dogs in that done any amount of work id guess.

The sister of Bill was a small one, but massive heart, looking at the bottom half of that ped, id guess thatd shrink em. 

All the best with yours.

Ya bill has a massive heart like his sister And the son of his that I have is the same. 

As far as I know all the dogs in the pedigree have been worked as I have pics of all of them with the exception of two after work.  One of the two is Anne busty (swchab says she was worked but not as heavily as many others -that being said a lot of lines these days have her in them and they are planning out well she was the mothers to Edwards Simon who was a good one from my understanding)

im not into the whole hall of fame stuff. I obtained the mother to this dog because she heavily inbred on dogs that have Been proven as workers and producers. Which makes her ideal to use as an out to the other line of dogs with is also light bred on workers.

Edited by 1of1
1 hour ago, 1of1 said:

As far as I know all the dogs in the pedigree have been worked as I have pics of all of them with the exception of two after work.

I did say 'amount of work' as in tested.

I dont doubt theirs photos.

A few photos wont change my opinion im afraid, horses for courses, its all completely subjective.

DSCN2369-002.JPG.8334778b9ab3a5c139f041e9df450cff.JPG

Edited by Waz
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Waz you just solved the problem with all working canines in USA.All canines here are judged by a few individual feats They should be judged by number of hard seasons worked.

Correct bud as should any terrier 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, 1of1 said:

Ya bill has a massive heart like his sister And the son of his that I have is the same. 

As far as I know all the dogs in the pedigree have been worked as I have pics of all of them with the exception of two after work.  One of the two is Anne busty (swchab says she was worked but not as heavily as many others -that being said a lot of lines these days have her in them and they are planning out well she was the mothers to Edwards Simon who was a good one from my understanding)

im not into the whole hall of fame stuff. I obtained the mother to this dog because she heavily inbred on dogs that have Been proven as workers and producers. Which makes her ideal to use as an out to the other line of dogs with is also light bred on workers.

Do you think she (Anne busty) had jack Russell somewhere in her? Seems to be quite a few Russell coloured descendants of her.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, tinytiger said:

It would be more nuttall type breeding (I think).could a small patch on a chest keep getting bigger and bigger when bred close and then turn into piebald?

She has no booth blood in her nor did Robert breed her you are correct

• Like 1