Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

3 hours ago, dillydog said:

That was a good few years ago,  they weren't having it all their own way even then, in one particular area the game warden was trying his level best to charge people for dog fighting for using the stags on coyotes............sounds familiar 

As far as terrier work went as long as you'd got a license to hunt you were all good, the American lads would know more, I was just along for the ride.

As far as terrier work it would be a state by state thing. Only place that I know you can’t legally do it is California. Out side of there I think it depends on time of heat and other circumstances 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Waz said:

Look small, how are they bred?

This is the breeding behind her. If I’m not mistaken the gone digging blood is yours??? 
if so the male I have Inbred down from your bud dog is a very nice terrier in my opinion. 

532A967A-C4EF-4880-B34F-3EC03880DDA8.jpeg

Edited by 1of1

I dug out a few old pictures.They are 15-20 year old from a disposable camera so poor quality.It is another form of terrier work in America.Thought y'all might enjoy them.

Screenshot_20200215-194929.png.ed39d0152473e0de3a43ac14950960e5.png

Screenshot_20200215-195053.png.3ef4307b81d43d7ab4079fa34f8e7648.png

Screenshot_20200215-195006.png.48c675762f8dad316e1483fbac43b6f7.png

Most hogs were taken live handcuffs hold them well but my dad made hobbles that worked good.I have been to the woods with hundreds of so called breeds of hog dogs and hunted with one of the founding members of American bulldog.When your legging a hog you must trust the dog holding it.The only ones I trusted were apbt.

• Like 5
On 15/02/2020 at 11:48, jcb said:

How do you get into hall of fame, what must your dog do, and who gives you the golden sticker,?

If you nonfo a dog that was an amazing worker, or producer that impacted the breed for the better I  your opinion you can ask to get it in the hall of fame, it is all honor system realy, they then will require recommendations from other terrier men about the terrier, say like booth's tonic, I can vouch I've seen multiple dogs from her that were solid workers, and she then has been added to multiple lines of terriers in america, through her producing ability. Those who have the blood agreed and she was added, not to he taken to serious though, theres some dogs in there, I no many never seen work, all based on who you are and if the registry trusts your word realy

The law's are done by each state for each species.So really depends on your chosen quarry.Coons hogs coyote groundhog possum beaver are open year around in my area.Other areas are totally different.

2 minutes ago, baker boy said:

So worthless except to increase the $$$$$$$s on the pups

Exactly ?

• Like 2
On 15/02/2020 at 16:51, 1of1 said:

This is the breeding behind her. If I’m not mistaken the gone digging blood is yours??? 
if so the male I have Inbred down from your bud dog is a very nice terrier in my opinion. 

532A967A-C4EF-4880-B34F-3EC03880DDA8.jpeg

I dont know why gone digging has been added to the names. Only about 5 dogs in that done any amount of work id guess.

The sister of Bill was a small one, but massive heart, looking at the bottom half of that ped, id guess thatd shrink em. 

All the best with yours.

• Like 2