Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

13 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Nice Dropbox.They use the same here. I mostly walked alone with a runner.I tried some of these lurchers on whitetail deer as there is places here to run deer with dogs.I never was successful as our Fields are generally small but it made my heart pump to watch a deer run so fast that they belly appeared to touch the ground.Their body would appear 8 ft long ? 

That's in Wyoming Rickshaw,  I was a guest so I choose my picture carefully so as not to show anyone's face or house without their permission 

• Like 1

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Understood. the antis have been chasing the houndmen the last few year.I know some hog hunters who ended up in handcuffs.it is guilty until proven innocent no matter what a piece of paper says.

I read this comment about coyotes.

Are they this clever rickshaw..

Screenshot_20200214-225116.jpg.d689f608af34c1f28497b6e909a7c5a5.jpg

3 hours ago, king said:

I read this comment about coyotes.

Are they this clever rickshaw..

Screenshot_20200214-225116.jpg.d689f608af34c1f28497b6e909a7c5a5.jpg

I have personally seen a coyote bitch lure a coondog away.He could handle his own though but was jumped by two males.This coonhound weighed eighty pounds

Edited by Rickshaw swami
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Do indeed. ?

We used to have a good foreign contingent. Dan Edwards, Uphill Doc and Stuntman putting you loads of stuff on yotes with stags, that Canadian guy with the yote hounds, and Ned Makim putting up epic threads on hunting big boars in oz. Now we have a load of guys arguing about terrier peds.

Re the honey badger - there was a video on YouTube of them steaming across the desert in it after yotes but I can’t find it anymore.

I wonder what those guys are all doing now,much the same I expect. 

• Like 6

I was told on my first coyote hunt that they'll test a stag on the way back in from a long run, if they don't catch them they'll turn around and follow the stag back in. If they think it's gutless they'll start calling in other coyotes to kill the stag ! 

A few hounds we came across on our travels 

P1160737.jpg

15 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I was told on my first coyote hunt that they'll test a stag on the way back in from a long run, if they don't catch them they'll turn around and follow the stag back in. If they think it's gutless they'll start calling in other coyotes to kill the stag ! 

A few hounds we came across on our travels 

P1160737.jpg

They sound clever them coyotes.and plenty to go at.them lads are living the dream out there..

That was a good few years ago,  they weren't having it all their own way even then, in one particular area the game warden was trying his level best to charge people for dog fighting for using the stags on coyotes............sounds familiar 

As far as terrier work went as long as you'd got a license to hunt you were all good, the American lads would know more, I was just along for the ride.

• Like 2