Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

3 minutes ago, king said:

I didn't realise they were that much of a threat out there..

I’m pretty sure In my state if you bring one in dead you get a LIFE TIME HUNTING LICENSE FOR FREE. That’s how bad they are.

• Like 3

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

Mounted coyote hunts are starting to frown on lurchers here too.I learned a lot from the English houndsman but honestly I couldn't understand the Irishman and he couldn't understand me as I speak southern (record player dragging accent) But he was happy to send me what I needed.I will always be grateful to these men.When I got out of lurchers I sent the best one to the drunk banker lady.She is still catching coyotes with him.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Mounted coyote hunts are starting to frown on lurchers here too.I learned a lot from the English houndsman but honestly I couldn't understand the Irishman and he couldn't understand me as I speak southern (record player dragging accent) But he was happy to send me what I needed.I will always be grateful to these men.When I got out of lurchers I sent the best one to the drunk banker lady.She is still catching coyotes with him.

No one apart from one girl could understand a single word I said ! 

I'd look at someone,  talk as slow and pronounced as possible and  NOTHING ?

They'd just look at the girl for translation ???

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, king said:

I assume the runners caught that dilly.

And how did you find him daytime.

Calling or come across him wandering about.

Have a look on YouTube King, plenty on there, they drive around in trucks with drop boxes on mate. The stags (lurchers) see them first usually,  once you hear them screaming for action you know you're in business.  

Just now, dillydog said:

Have a look on YouTube King, plenty on there, they drive around in trucks with drop boxes on mate. The stags (lurchers) see them first usually,  once you hear them screaming for action you know you're in business.  

Couple decent ones on the net , trucks se5 up decent  where the side box opens with pull on leaver 

• Like 1

Nice Dropbox.They use the same here. I mostly walked alone with a runner.I tried some of these lurchers on whitetail deer as there is places here to run deer with dogs.I never was successful as our Fields are generally small but it made my heart pump to watch a deer run so fast that they belly appeared to touch the ground.Their body would appear 8 ft long ? 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, dillydog said:

I would love a go of that mate will have a look on YouTube now.

I would drive around all day..

This is the first video I found.

When those dogs are sounding to go the old heart starts beating a bit lol.

I've never seen that type of hunting before.the land is amazing just endless.

• Like 3