Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, 1of1 said:

Yes when people say that they have Doug to them it usually makes experience hunters question them. Normally they do not go to ground unless you run them for quite some time with hounds at which point in time they may go up in a culvert or something like that

They look a fair size.

I was referring to using a lurcher and running them at night on the lamp.

As they seem quick footed on the video dilly posted.

I bet they can cover some ground aswell.

There are hundreds everywhere but they are smart.you cannot kiss them in like fox here.they usually sleep in culvert or briar patch.I know an Englishman and an Irishman  who moved here when UK laws changed.They brought their hounds and lurchers.They are what we call master of hounds in charge of a hunt for rich men.This is where I received my lurchers.I asked for one and was gifted several.They ride horses in a suit and holler tally ho.I love it but can't afford hounds lurchers horses and thousands of acres.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
Just now, Rickshaw swami said:

There are hundreds everywhere but they are smart.you cannot kiss them in like fox here.they usually sleep in culvert or briar patch.I know an Englishman and an Irishman  who moved here when UK laws changed.They brought their hounds and lurchers.They are what we call master of hounds in charge of a hunt for rich men.This is where I received my lurchers.I asked for one and was gifted several.They ride horses in a suit and holler tally ho.I love it but can't afford hounds lurchers horses and thousands of acres.

Tell us more about this please?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, king said:

They look a fair size.

I was referring to using a lurcher and running them at night on the lamp.

As they seem quick footed on the video dilly posted.

I bet they can cover some ground aswell.

Yes that’s what I figured you were talking about. Sorry for changing topics I was talking about when people were Terriers talk about hunting them

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, king said:

What sort of numbers of coyote are about rickshaw.

They are completely out of Control I know am I stayed there is no limit and no season four of them you can kill them anytime. They sneak up along the side of my house almost nightly I want to shoot them with my AR 15 but I’m too close to a public road so I’ve got to go get a crossbow. I have thought to let my Bulldogs catch them. I have a red boy bulldog that is probably fast enough to catch one. The problem is if he does not other dogs in the area will be at jeopardy. So I don’t dare let him try

• Like 1
9 hours ago, dillydog said:

Forget the image you've got in your head, they don't have anything like an established badger sett, they just scratch out a piss pot hole, nothing on the scale you're thinking about. 

Granted I was only there for 3 weeks,  but I saw dozens of scratched out places, all looking fresh, but all empty.  The one thing every place had in common was they were nothing more than an old rabbit hole or some other rodent hole.

What's better than a terrier running an earth..................three, obviously  ?

You won't be digging too many with all them dogs running free?.... 

7 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

Do you tag along and do the digging for them swami??? What lurchers/hounds do they run ? Is it just fox they hunt or coyotes too? I imagine you would cover some serious miles a day as a foot follower or in an atv? Would love a craic at that?over here your a black sheep if you drop something with the lurcher in front of a mounted pack ?I couldn't show my face for yrs until they got a new master? stuffy fuckers?

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, 1of1 said:

They are completely out of Control I know am I stayed there is no limit and no season four of them you can kill them anytime. They sneak up along the side of my house almost nightly I want to shoot them with my AR 15 but I’m too close to a public road so I’ve got to go get a crossbow. I have thought to let my Bulldogs catch them. I have a red boy bulldog that is probably fast enough to catch one. The problem is if he does not other dogs in the area will be at jeopardy. So I don’t dare let him try

Get at them 1of1 plenty to go at where you are by the sounds of it..

• Like 2

1of1 breed your redboy dog to greyhound bitch.They are also fun for catching bolts.

The mounted hunt packs I have been with was for coyote no digging. 15 couple hounds roughly.Once hounds put enough heat on coyote he will cut across open field that's when they radio for 4x4 lurcher truck driven by drunk banker lady. She will get close and release lurchers.From what I seen they must be at least a quarter bull.thats from what I've seen.

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, king said:

Get at them 1of1 plenty to go at where you are by the sounds of it..

Right now is breeding season for them. I believe they are trying to get to some of my terriers. We had a neighbor who had a lab. They dug under the fence killed and ate their lab

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Rickshaw swami said:

1of1 breed your redboy dog to greyhound bitch.They are also fun for catching bolts.

The mounted hunt packs I have been with was for coyote no digging. 15 couple hounds roughly.Once hounds put enough heat on coyote he will cut across open field that's when they radio for 4x4 lurcher truck driven by drunk banker lady. She will get close and release lurchers.From what I seen they must be at least a quarter bull.thats from what I've seen.

Those are fun times 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 1of1 said:

Right now is breeding season for them. I believe they are trying to get to some of my terriers. We had a neighbor who had a lab. They dug under the fence killed and ate their lab

I didn't realise they were that much of a threat out there..

1 minute ago, king said:

I didn't realise they were that much of a threat out there..

Ya I’ve had some friends that were out hunting. With their terriers and they were jumped by them from what they say... I’ve seen them when I was out with my terriers but I was lucky enough to say there was only one of them each time I seen them And they did whatever they could to get away from me. My gyp Zenna is in heat so I also wonder if that is not bringing them to my house also

• Like 1