Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

4 minutes ago, 1of1 said:

They are more interested in cracking jokes then to learn about the differences in the terrier work on this side of the pond several Americans on here have not made it easy for them to listen as they are full of drama... which is unfortunate because the future of the dogs is here with the laws being the way they are over there.
 They are not familiar with our earth sizes or the use of the dogs in root systems on the creeks or any of that. They don’t understand their dogs can not do  at least 1/2 of the work that is required this side of the pond 

So focused on claiming theirs to be the original yet the originals were not dug to they were worked in rocks in places you can’t dig. They were also never intended for badger initially that came on a latter date

Is this guy serious!

giphy-1.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, howdeeposxxt said:

I feel sorry for the wannabe man. Some people are just to much you have ta laugh. 

In fact the AC dogs were not birthed in Ireland from what I know they were brought there by AC who is not Irish. 

Edited by 1of1
Just now, howdeeposxxt said:

Go way ya pup and stop entertaining us all and making yourself look like a clown take that as abit of friendly advice

I’m not an expert on the breed or type. I’d like to learn please tell me what I’m not correct on

1 minute ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Do ya want a medal

No I don’t the initial comment was made to entice people to not joke and to be willing to learn. I made a statement based on what I believed to know. You say it’s wrong. Now is the time to teach the young buck. This is how the dogs and the people get better

Just now, Netmaker said:

No they started in a little village in the lake district called PATTERDALE

Yes that is my understanding. And the men that started them used them to dispatch (at times bolt) fox in rock FROM MY UNDERSTANDING

it was said you should never breed to a male that cannot readily dispatch fox in the ground

Just now, baker boy said:

We have small terriers here with good bone, easily spannable not the weedy specimens with darts for heads that have been posted

Yes i know you do I’ve dug to them that side. They are more often then not still big for our earth is what I’m saying. I know from experience