Terrier work in the USA - Photos and Stories.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I received a call from a farmer who's got trouble with beaver flooding his cotton field.He asked me to take a look.Its a small swamp but I took a few pictures.Theres a terrier in this first picture.

I will post some pictures good enough for public viewfrom this season.I will not reply to fighting or crying.The third picture down was in a rangy place.I located the bitch 200 yards from entrance wit

Barn Hunting with a group of friends in Iowa February 2001. Racoons are widely regarded as pests and do a considerable amount of damage. They damage farmer's crops and get into barns where t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, dillydog said:

I might be wrong but I'll stick my neck out and say the biggest we had in Wyoming was 34lb, a bull x found it in a storm drain and it had her speaking ! 

I missed it all but I was kept entertained on the coyotes 

That's a big coon. What did you hunt the coyotes with? I'm sure it wasn't with a patterdale. We have coyote and Coy dog's. The Coy dog's are bigger and bold. I would think by what you guys say about your fox killing live stock the coyote is a nuisance animal like that also. The wife and I heard the yotes one night yelling back and forth to each other then a couple minutes latter you heard a dog screaming for about a min or 2 then we heard the yotes getting farther away. They come into neighborhood's at night and snag dog's up and carry them away. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ace Boone coon said:

That's a big coon. What did you hunt the coyotes with? I'm sure it wasn't with a patterdale. We have coyote and Coy dog's. The Coy dog's are bigger and bold. I would think by what you guys say about your fox killing live stock the coyote is a nuisance animal like that also. The wife and I heard the yotes one night yelling back and forth to each other then a couple minutes latter you heard a dog screaming for about a min or 2 then we heard the yotes getting farther away. They come into neighborhood's at night and snag dog's up and carry them away. 

Go back to the first page, there's a picture of the lurchers in a drop box

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Would love a go on them myself if it was legal still .... Should imagine they are some test for a terrier swami? 

There is some other states where it's legal if I can get through the bureaucracy.Otters are more suited for second season dogs than first.Some terriers will never find a second otter as they will refuse.Some terriers will show good and quit 2 digs after otter on a small coon.Some terriers go in and shit theirselves and come out looking like they seen a ghost with barely a scratch on them.

• Like 3

The river bottoms I hunt are public hunting land.Its mostly used by duck hunters and coonhound men.Its hard to get private land permission as rich men pay big money to deer hunt.Our rivers are controlled by dams.They lower the river level 5 feet in winter so most sets are surrounded by mud.But the river is always close by.With a $20 hunting license I have access to over a 1000 miles of river bank.When the river is low I can use Google Earth to find good spots.

Screenshot_20200126-060727.png

• Like 5

The lines across the mud are beaver troughs which will lead you to a good set with some kind of quarry.The problem is it could be beaver coon otter possum mink or muskrat.I have bolted 10 beaver 2 muskrat and 2 otter from 1 set.Hope this helps give y'all a grasp of what I do .

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

A shit eating possum and a bolted coward of a coon is all I have to show from an all day walk in knee deep mud other than a skidmark in my boxers from when I stepped on a snake.Im on the couch eating aspirin crying about my back and my wife is demanding I give her a reason why I do this to my self and I honestly can't think of any.

Screenshot_20200129-190840.png

Screenshot_20200129-190750.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6