• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heres a few bits mate. The red stuff is Buffalo leather.

i made a good few of these  

Some pics of the work he's completed this week  AJL leather craft 

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate, yes I did my own pattern. I wanted to make one a bit wider and come down to a inch and a quarter strap. ive just got some thick card which is better than using paper I think. 

Have you been upto anything yourself lately?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, jeemes said:

Thanks mate, yes I did my own pattern. I wanted to make one a bit wider and come down to a inch and a quarter strap. ive just got some thick card which is better than using paper I think. 

Have you been upto anything yourself lately?

I've made a few pouches, and leads, tried to make a start on some thick bridle and the tip of a new awl blade folded after less than ten holes, I've heard it is sometimes better to use a thin drill bit for the bridle, might give that a try

• Like 1
On 27/06/2020 at 14:46, sussex said:

Just received these belts made by Jeemes , there was three of them but my brother claimed one before I had time to get a picture ...worth the 5 week wait it took for Spanish postal servis to get them here ..super quality , fabulous job ..the red one is buffalo leather and was my brothers first choice , but as I was paying I got to choose first , his one was a dark brown with yellow stitching ..

Many thanks ...well pleased ! 

1FF3FB17-C9E0-4D17-ABBD-F3F8AF353FA0.jpeg

Bloody Correros ?‍♂️ My mate has just moved to Canada, sent a load of stuff through Correros. I ended up having to go and pick this stuff up here, as it was returned to Spain..... the stickers on the boxes were ridiculous! One box went to Madrid, Zaragoza and then back to Barcelona. The other one went to Sicily, Moscow, some city in Siberia and then back to Barcelona. Not one of the boxes got anywhere fuucking near Canada and I had to cover import taxes ?‍♂️?

On the thread.... some fantastic work on here lads ;)

• Haha 1
48 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Bloody Correros ?‍♂️ My mate has just moved to Canada, sent a load of stuff through Correros. I ended up having to go and pick this stuff up here, as it was returned to Spain..... the stickers on the boxes were ridiculous! One box went to Madrid, Zaragoza and then back to Barcelona. The other one went to Sicily, Moscow, some city in Siberia and then back to Barcelona. Not one of the boxes got anywhere fuucking near Canada and I had to cover import taxes ?‍♂️?

On the thread.... some fantastic work on here lads ;)

Correros ...have a look at trust pilot,  there reviews are something to behold. 

To be fair one of there donkeys went down with covid , this left only one and he goes down  lame twice a week so this put the whole system under pressure, add to that the fiestas,  siestas and red days and five weeks wasnt bad ...three other parcels sent out were then sent back because nobody collected them , given we were on lockdown and the post office was closed it seemed a sensible solution so they didn't have a backlog of parcels ....two of the ones returned arrived back  4 months after being sent .The other one went missing ..correros are a joke , just not a funny one ..

• Like 1
10 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I've made a few pouches, and leads, tried to make a start on some thick bridle and the tip of a new awl blade folded after less than ten holes, I've heard it is sometimes better to use a thin drill bit for the bridle, might give that a try

Did you get the awl blade really sharp and polished mate? 

3 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

I used it as it came, do you sharpen them more when you get them ?, I got two blades from Abbey they are heavier gauge than the ones they stock at the local shop

Yes they need to be worked on mate, and when you think its getting sharp try pushing it through bridle leather. You need to polish it to get a mirror finish on it.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, jeemes said:

Yes they need to be worked on mate, and when you think its getting sharp try pushing it through bridle leather. You need to polish it to get a mirror finish on it.

Do you use a fine file ?, I've got another new blade here same as the one that folded, they are both sharp down the sides as well

2 hours ago, low plains drifter said:

Do you use a fine file ?, I've got another new blade here same as the one that folded, they are both sharp down the sides as well

No dont use a file. I use emry on a flat surface like plate glass. Go on youtube  'sharpening awl blades and then look for Nigel Armitage. You need to spend time on it until it will slide through the leather.

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, jeemes said:

No dont use a file. I use emry on a flat surface like plate glass. Go on youtube  'sharpening awl blades and then look for Nigel Armitage. You need to spend time on it until it will slide through the leather.

Cheers mate, I'll have a look