Sign in to follow this  
talt

Does Castration Affect a Working Dogs Ability?

I have also posted this in the lurcher section. Anyone have any experience? I haven't myself and i am genuinely interested if it makes any difference.

No had a russel with tackle off worked many seasons no problem no longer with us now lived to 14 worked to 11

• Like 1

I got my spaniel done, and hasn't effected his working at all, but he did get very dog aggressive took me best part of a year to get him out of it, an I still have to keep my eye on him

One of the reasons they can seem more aggressive is that dogs pay them more attention than they might an intact animal due to hormones etc being a bit off ....also depends what age they're done as testicles relate to hormone development in a growing dog.

I've heard of it being done to greyhounds that fought on track,they could still run but didn't fight. (Might have been getting stanozol injections on the sky though,)

My westie was done at nine years old eleven next month still grafting away no bother.

1480275989_FerritingL.jpg.a09680371fdd3a50f00013ccf4ea0694.jpg

PUD

Edited by WHWT
  • Like 3

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 14:41, WHWT said:

My westie was done at nine years old eleven next month still grafting away no bother.

1480275989_FerritingL.jpg.a09680371fdd3a50f00013ccf4ea0694.jpg

PUD

poor Alfie did you not fancy a pup by him Ian 

Well thought about it marra but just never happened he did line few Westie bitches, maybe should have.

PUD

• Like 1

could you not get a pup from one of his off spring liked watching him on the ratting dvds by the way have you's any new dvds done

Staff got load footage but got more into the still camera shots, so only BR 1 and 2 done. He might get around to it some day.

PUD 

15 minutes ago, WHWT said:

Staff got load footage but got more into the still camera shots, so only BR 1 and 2 done. He might get around to it some day.

PUD 

I still not seen em☹️ Try an sort me out some of them please for when I next throo, I’ll get an hours peace an quiet of I put em on tele for kids 😂

11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I still not seen em☹️ Try an sort me out some of them please for when I next throo, I’ll get an hours peace an quiet of I put em on tele for kids 😂

Don I thought i gave you Border ratters dvd i and 2 marra.

PUD

1 minute ago, WHWT said:

Don I thought i gave you Border ratters dvd i and 2 marra.

PUD

No mate deffo not