• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went and tried it out it was really good so I got it. this is at 20m

My old daystate Merlin

If the Daystate works then fine but they have a really bad reputation, loads of dealers will not sell them because the company are shocking to deal with as others on here will tell you although there

Posted Images

Yes it is so light that a feather could trigger it. Complete juxtaposition to the springer

it also came with a pump a very good scope pellets a bag a silencer bipod a lamping torch and bean bag rests. For £340

but the guy says it only shoots around 60 pellets a fill but there aren’t that many rabbits!?

it is very heavy but is fine plus I can rest it on bipod hay bale or on a fishing pole rest

Edited by Rabbiter12...2

I think it is heavy because it looks like either a target or HFT stock rather than the normal sporter stock. Take a tip Daniel, don't run the air tank down to empty or it will be a sod to pump up, instead top it up after say 20 shots so that way you should stay within the correct point of impact. 

Get mom and dad to buy you an air cylinder and whip for xmas then it will only take you 30secs to fill it but the pump can be taken out in the fields when you go.

What scope is fitted.

Phil

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rabbiter12...2 said:

Hawke vantage 3-9*50

i am not exactly sure how to fill it up.

when I plug the pump in should it be at 0 or not?

Ah, here we need the advice of some of our other members because I am too old and lazy to have gone the route of a pump. If nobody comes forward with advice Daniel, start a new thread ' pump advice needed' and I know there are some guys on here who know the score.

Phil

• Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, Rabbiter12...2 said:

Hawke vantage 3-9*50

i am not exactly sure how to fill it up.

when I plug the pump in should it be at 0 or not?

Do you mean the bar gauge on the stirrup pump? If so, all I have ever done is cock the rifle, unloaded of course and attach the hose. A small transfer of air will happen if there is air in the reservoir. The bar gauge will indicate the pressure in rifle’s reservoir. Then I pump until the needle can go no higher and there is discernible click. It’s now full.

But please wait until someone more knowledgeable comes along before doing anything. My Huntsman and pump is over 20 year old. You have a very nice rifle there, make sure you’re following the correct procedure for a more modern piece of kit.

Your rifle will probably be at its best at around 190 bar pressure Rabbiter. So as Phil says, don't run it down or, hand pumping it back up is going to be a chore.

When you fill your gun cylinder to it's best pressure, it will remain at that pressure until you start shooting. You will find l, with a diver's bottle of air, the guage will immediately return to the last pressure setting. Then , as you start shooting, it will start to run lower and lower. You should be able to get about 80 or more full power and consistent shots before the drop in pressure shows with a drop in your pellets hitting below zero point of impact. 

Keep an eye on how well it performs at various pressures. 190 to 200 bar is usually the best optimum pressure but, some like to be at 150 or thereabouts.

Best regards and all the best with your Daystate.

Simon.

First of all...

Is there a release valve on the pump, should be near the dial?

Make sure thats done up tight then pump away.

Your gauge isnt in BAR so pump up until 2750 psi = around 185bar.

Release the air from PUMP by the release valve (it will pffffft abit) then remove the probe from the gun fill port.

Make sure its not loaded before pumping up.

Did i read you were part of a club?

Maybe a local gunshop can help?

Or the person that takes you out shooting.

If not ask someone close by with a pcp to look over it for you. Compressed air can be very dangerous.

I personally wouldnt let it go below 120bar which is around 1750 psi

FF

• Like 1

Nice rifle Daniel

dont take any notice of Villaman and his views on daystate

yours looks like an old one (not a bad thing mind) made when daystate cared

about there rifles not like there electronic sh*t they put out now

i had an older one i got off Jon Jon off here and it was spot on never missed a beat

enjoy her bud she is a good un

if you were closer i would of taken you out for a nights shooting and showed you how to go on

but alas your to far

come on lads got to be some one that can take the lad out for a nights shooting that lives near him

and show him the ropes .

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1