• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I went and tried it out it was really good so I got it. this is at 20m

My old daystate Merlin

If the Daystate works then fine but they have a really bad reputation, loads of dealers will not sell them because the company are shocking to deal with as others on here will tell you although there

Posted Images

If the Daystate works then fine but they have a really bad reputation, loads of dealers will not sell them because the company are shocking to deal with as others on here will tell you although there are a few that have been fine.................................it's cheap and perhaps for a reason. Daystate overprice their crap so this would not have been a cheap gun for the original owner so I guess it has issues.

Phil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 23/01/2020 at 23:31, philpot said:

If the Daystate works then fine but they have a really bad reputation, loads of dealers will not sell them because the company are shocking to deal with as others on here will tell you although there are a few that have been fine.................................it's cheap and perhaps for a reason. Daystate overprice their crap so this would not have been a cheap gun for the original owner so I guess it has issues.

Phil

Phil you sound just like me  over priced and over rated crap  that’s what I say about any gaystate

• Like 1

I bought this Huntsman new in 1996, I think. So around 24 year old. Probably a different animal to those produced in more recent times. After use it is wiped down and put in the cabinet with whatever charge it still has. Months or sometimes years can pass before it is called into action again. I charge it with the original stirrup  pump that I bought with the rifle and there is always air still in the reservoir. About a dozen pellets will be put through it to check zero and that it has not lost power or accuracy, to date it never has. It probably could be improved, on paper, with a service but any loss in performance is not noticeable to me. But only shooting at around the 30 yard mark.

My favourite sport with an air rifle is daytime rabbit stalking. I use an Air Arms Pro Sport now, simply because I love this rifle, but the Daystate is still occasionally used for lamping rabbits. For trouble free ownership and consistency of performance over the years I cannot fault it.

SP_A0437.jpg

SP_A0439.jpg

• Like 1