Variation finally gone in !

Well since I've had my fac & sgc, I've found that I've never used my fac airgun, so the decision to sell it & replace it with something that will be of more use to me, my 22lr does everything & more than the .25 fac air done & I prefer to use the 22lr, the 17hmr is a pleasure to use & has a use, so variation in now for .223 & sound mod, 1 for 1, put myself a nice howa 1500 away at the rfd, so it's just a waiting game waiting on the phone call to collect my licence back from the local police station. 

• Like 6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well since I've had my fac & sgc, I've found that I've never used my fac airgun, so the decision to sell it & replace it with something that will be of more use to me, my 22lr does everything

I have to say that my go to rifle is my FX Impact .25 fac and will use this for rabbits out to 100+mts with no issues at all, used for ratting and pigeons. At the turn of a knob, I can reduce the fpe

If that suits you Sean then I am pleased for you matey, we all like different things and you clearly never really got on with fac air as previous posts in other threads showed,  which is fine, my shoo

Posted Images

Yeah I've never understood how airguns became so expensive. £1,500 for a pre-charged gun that can't compete with a rimmy bought for £400, and if over 12ft lbs, it's not even as though it saves you the hassle of an FAC. If you've got an FAC it makes far more sense to go .22lr, get more range and versatility and save yourself £1,100 for other goodies. Only use I can see for air is for shooting pigeons low in trees (where there's sufficient land behind) or barns, and even then, non fac often make more sense for that job.

14 hours ago, vizlauk said:

Well since I've had my fac & sgc, I've found that I've never used my fac airgun, so the decision to sell it & replace it with something that will be of more use to me, my 22lr does everything & more than the .25 fac air done & I prefer to use the 22lr, the 17hmr is a pleasure to use & has a use, so variation in now for .223 & sound mod, 1 for 1, put myself a nice howa 1500 away at the rfd, so it's just a waiting game waiting on the phone call to collect my licence back from the local police station. 

I was with him when he came across the Howa1500

nice real nice rifle it has a real tree look stock on it sets the rifle off just dont put it down in the long grass Sean you will not find it again lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 4

Well time for everything with four legs to look out in your neck of the woods Sean.  ?

I have also been looking at the Howa 1500 which seems to offer great value for money and at half the price of a Tikka T3x.  Having worked with several Japanese companies and visited the factories over there a number of times, it is their culture to produce the best quality possible so with that in mind, I believe these must be decent guns, unless someone says different........

I really like my Tikka T1x but the price is sensible and I cannot help thinking you pay for the name when moving up to .223 and similar.

Enjoy it when it is all sorted mate.

Phil

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Alsone said:

Yeah I've never understood how airguns became so expensive. £1,500 for a pre-charged gun that can't compete with a rimmy bought for £400, and if over 12ft lbs, it's not even as though it saves you the hassle of an FAC. If you've got an FAC it makes far more sense to go .22lr, get more range and versatility and save yourself £1,100 for other goodies. Only use I can see for air is for shooting pigeons low in trees (where there's sufficient land behind) or barns, and even then, non fac often make more sense for that job.

FAC airguns have a place in the cabinet for when using a rimfire is too dangerous. One example is controlling rabbits in a caravan park, far too dangerous for a rimfire. I do agree however that the price of air rifles is extortionate and i believe that is because of the hassle people have to go through to get a FAC. Most cannot be bothered with it and so choose the 12ftlb route, manufacturers and importers know this and consequently bump the prices up. My FAC air rifle was seven hundred pounds new, it is a BSA R10 and does everything i need it to do.   

55 minutes ago, philpot said:

Well time for everything with four legs to look out in your neck of the woods Sean.  ?

I have also been looking at the Howa 1500 which seems to offer great value for money and at half the price of a Tikka T3x.  Having worked with several Japanese companies and visited the factories over there a number of times, it is their culture to produce the best quality possible so with that in mind, I believe these must be decent guns, unless someone says different........

I really like my Tikka T1x but the price is sensible and I cannot help thinking you pay for the name when moving up to .223 and similar.

Phil

The quality of a Howa is in no way the same as a Tikka. The material that the Howa stainless barrels are made of is far inferior to that on the Tikka. The reason you can get a Howa in ceracote is a lot of the rifles are rusty when they arrive and so they are ceracoated in this country. I know this because i know the man that does it for Highland Outdoors who are the importers. I would ask the RFD to show me down the barrel with a borescope before i parted with any cash. I am not trying to put a downer on someones purchase just advising caution so as not to be caught out with a lemon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, philpot said:

Phil

I’ve got a tikka 223 and a howa 243, I’m that impressed with the tikka the howa will be going as soon as I can convince the mrs we need another tikka  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, ianm said:

FAC airguns have a place in the cabinet for when using a rimfire is too dangerous. One example is controlling rabbits in a caravan park, far too dangerous for a rimfire. I do agree however that the price of air rifles is extortionate and i believe that is because of the hassle people have to go through to get a FAC. Most cannot be bothered with it and so choose the 12ftlb route, manufacturers and importers know this and consequently bump the prices up. My FAC air rifle was seven hundred pounds new, it is a BSA R10 and does everything i need it to do.   

The quality of a Howa is in no way the same as a Tikka. The material that the Howa stainless barrels are made of is far inferior to that on the Tikka. The reason you can get a Howa in ceracote is a lot of the rifles are rusty when they arrive and so they are ceracoated in this country. I know this because i know the man that does it for Highland Outdoors who are the importers. I would ask the RFD to show me down the barrel with a borescope before i parted with any cash. I am not trying to put a downer on someones purchase just advising caution so as not to be caught out with a lemon.

You are not the first person to say that recharging the howa, a good friend also advised me to look at the tikka , I will take it on board before parting with money .

Thanks for the heads up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1