Global warming no worry’s

20 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Are all our worry’s about global warming over now, thanks to the corona virus about to wipe out half the world, ??? Views and opinions ?

It was bound to happen, nature will reset the balance again, not saying this is the one, but there one on the way.

Plus there was always global warming, look at the last ice age, before that the climate was dessert like. Certainly less people about then, and there was on industry to blame then either

Atb j 

Atb j 

• Like 3

We're too good at dealing with these things these days. It'll take something radically evolved to catch us off guard and make any significant impact on the global population. Even then I doubt it'll be a full on 'system reset'.

Conflict over resources imo is the most likely cause, if it is to happen. Possibly when China seriously challenges US hegemony and ends the Pax Americana.

Who knows.......

• Like 3

I,m hoping it’s just media drama, but do think it will be something along these lines that rebalances the books with the planet as opposed to some massive spectacle, quite ironic really the smallest simplest thing in the world wiping out the dominant species ?

• Like 1

I thought AIDS was going to be man's myxi  but mankind survived that. A huge, pandemic would be just what the doctor ordered for the planet. It will take something  completely left field to wipe out a lot of us. But  there again it could be something  simple like antibiotics becoming ineffective. Or perhaps a stray nuclear bomb which sets off a mighty inferno.. China and The USA will eventually clash but whether they exchange nuclear bombs is another matter. The optimist in me says both countries have too much to lose in terms of infrastructure and wealth, but the pessimist says look at the quality of our leaders, they really are defectives.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Wash your hands a lot and avoid large groups of people. It's a basic life lesson but it works really well! :laugh:

Not so keen on constant washing bad for the immune system, but avoiding crowds is something I do on a daily basis and have practiced for a large part of my life so should be fine ?

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Not so keen on constant washing bad for the immune system, but avoiding crowds is something I do on a daily basis and have practiced for a large part of my life so should be fine ?

Sounds like it, mate! :thumbs: I'll mail you some CBRN gear if you get stuck! :laugh:

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Gutter Oil. How some of the Chinese recycle sewage into cooking oil. What could possibly go wrong?

The video after about poverty in the USA is really shocking mate