Kennel ideas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Balaur said:

All I'm going to do to mine is put some batten three foot up and drop a 100mm board on it then get some thinner stuff and put it on floor sandwiched between some ply,  maybe stick some leftovers to sides, 

That’s what I’ve done mate. It’s toastie in there when I open the door in the morning ?

• Like 1

About 15 years  a go I helped a bloke make some kennels out of and old freezer wagon it was like plastic covered tin with about 5inch of foam in the middle we made a row of 6 kennels for irish wolf hounds,  used 90⁰ tin strips to join it all together n channel to go around the pop holes etc , made a right job was working nr ther in summer and they still all look in good nick , 

Not sure how much they cost but I do remember been paid £4 an hour to help ha 

• Haha 1
On 21/01/2020 at 11:41, Igz said:

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

8169945C-63DC-45AB-ABE2-49DEC86EB83C.jpeg

776AEAAE-2D81-4D28-A91C-038CF662F934.jpeg

87ECB569-E7FC-4C15-88F2-2297B776355F.jpeg

B8463237-125E-43BC-987C-0C5E3653CE96.jpeg

Don’t want to be a copy cat igz but I’m going with same design as yours but with a bit of a room/shed on the end for a butchers block and freezer 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Gaz_Lurcherlad said:

Don’t want to be a copy cat igz but I’m going with same design as yours but with a bit of a room/shed on the end for a butchers block and freezer 

No probs mate, I got my idea of someone I know to be honest but if it works for you that’s all you need. I’ve got the end space as a prep area with a couple of chest freezers down there and keep the leads and lamp down there. I don’t have a door on but it’s deep enough so I can hang stuff up and do what I need to do down there. Hope all goes well .Atb Igz

354984C5-04C6-4CB3-9C8E-07CA13E76ADB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Igz said:

No probs mate, I got my idea of someone I know to be honest but if it works for you that’s all you need. I’ve got the end space as a prep area with a couple of chest freezers down there and keep the leads and lamp down there. I don’t have a door on but it’s deep enough so I can hang stuff up and do what I need to do down there. Hope all goes well .Atb Igz

354984C5-04C6-4CB3-9C8E-07CA13E76ADB.jpeg

Nice scooter them roof tiles are supposed 2 be layed at half bond not straight nick.pisses me off it does 

Edited by Black neck
Pompous twat i
  • Haha 4