Kennel ideas

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few pics of mine. Drainage at the front of the runs and sleep box at the back. Rubber floor with a few blankets and what not and heat lamp for good measure when it drops to a few degrees

One thing I really recommend to anyone is a roof over the runs. Amazing the difference it’s makes. Not hard do either. I roofed this myself over the summer on my own and sheeted few weeks after when I

Posted Images

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m very surprised nobody has had a bash at making them sleep boxed like monarch an them sell, surely there’s somebody who can work with that placcy stuff? 

Something like this below I reckon ideal and same stuff, you get it on board form only like making a plywood one go to local steel shop and get angle iron for screwing together. 

https://www.kedel.co.uk/mixed-plastic-lumber/recycled-mixed-plastic-sheet-1050-x-25.html

Edited by Wild-Bill
8 hours ago, Wild-Bill said:

Something like this below I reckon ideal and same stuff, you get it on board form only like making a plywood one go to local steel shop and get angle iron for screwing together. 

https://www.kedel.co.uk/mixed-plastic-lumber/recycled-mixed-plastic-sheet-1050-x-25.html

Be cheaper buying one by the time you bought all that 

3 hours ago, Balaur said:

It makes a big difference, uninsulated (like mine) act as a heat sink , insulation allows the dog to at least heat it with its own body heat and prevents frost/cold getting to dog, as well as creating a cooler place in the summer. Can also add a flap or curtain to provide more comfort. I have an insulated box abroad where temps reach minus 20, dogs were fine. Here I need to improve what I've got a bit with some insulation , going to be increasing the run off angle tomorrow as the run holds a little water .

??

On 24/01/2020 at 16:37, nothernlite said:

Theres a good bit of work that goes into them there 22mm thema board plus the fabrication of the metal that joins it all together theres a bot of work in them 

Does anyone know where you can buy that thema board

7 minutes ago, justdigit said:

So are them monarch kennels just kingspan between 2 pieces of plastic then. I read it as some sort of insulated plastic 

Have a sit on a piece of kingspan within 30 seconds the heat is amazing..

Excellent stuff...

• Like 1

It’s probably just pvc laminated board it has insulation properties your probably better off just ringing up the main dealer/manufacturer an finding out exactly how there made or ask for a sample of the material there insulated from they look smart though